Frank Sinatra's Birthday Dinner - 12/12/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Ol' Blue Eyes would have turned 103 today.

Tonight's dinner will be a red potato and salmon bake, which is a variation of a dish from the Black Dog Tavern on Martha's Vineyard. Side will be nuked broc.

I'm cooking it My Way today:
1 halfa rotisserary chicken,
1 container chicken gravy from the deli, says made from real chicken on the label
milk or chicken broth, if needed
thin egg noodles
chopped fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, pepper,
frozen peas, cooked sliced carrots
Bake and eat.

Last edited:
A local seafood restaurant has a Sushi & Tunes night once a month - sushi isn't usually on the menu and there's live music - and it's tonight, so we'll be going there. We usually get a sushi roll to share as an appetizer and I can't resist their shrimp tempura tacos, so I'll have those for dinner.

Last edited:
Crispy skin pan sauteed/oven roasted chicken thighs, steamed and drizzled with a bit of butter, potato, onion, fennel gratin.

Attachments

• 2018-12-12 18.48.49.jpg
    2018-12-12 18.48.49.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 108
I'm still on the road. I had chicken parm and spaghetti with marinara at the restaurant next to my hotel. I'm staying in the gaslamp district of San Diego, and there is lot of good food within walking distance.

CD

We split a tub of Boston Chowda clam chowder. We also had tuna melts - I added some chopped green salad olives to it and Himself said it was "great!". I also made fruit salads with bosc pear, apple, tangerine, navel orange, Adora grapes, and some cherries I spirited away in the freezer this summer for times like this. :yum: More apple pie a la mode for dessert.

Attachments

• 2018-12-12 21.14.29.jpg
    2018-12-12 21.14.29.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 227
We split a tub of Boston Chowda clam chowder. We also had tuna melts - I added some chopped green salad olives to it and Himself said it was "great!". I also made fruit salads with bosc pear, apple, tangerine, navel orange, Adora grapes, and some cherries I spirited away in the freezer this summer for times like this. :yum: More apple pie a la mode for dessert.

I've been adding chopped green salad olives to my tuna salad for years and I like it so much I won't make it without them. :yum:;)

Pot roast, mashed red and Yukon potatoes, frozen spinach and wine, mushroom & onion au jus.

pot_roast_121218_IMG_5164.jpg

I've been adding chopped green salad olives to my tuna salad for years and I like it so much I won't make it without them. :yum:;)
My tuna salad, potato salad, are like TJMaxx - never the same thing twice. I was on a caper kick with tuna salad a while back, but we both got tired of the salty-salty taste. Even rinsed, capers can still have that salty bite. Himself didn't want too salty, so I rinsed the olives this time. Just the right touch.

Back
Top Bottom