Fri. 2/24/17, Is Anyone Having Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 1-1/2 inch to 2 inch chuck roast, bone-in. Craig cooked tonight, with a little coaching from me since I usually make our pot roast but needed a night off cooking.

I did, right before you posted, and answered you.

How could I forget our dessert? Craig had a job near where a chocolatier (sp) has been in business since 1947. He brought home 30 assorted flavors of hand-made truffles. I already tried a coconut-rum 1 as soon as he got home and just sat down with the box and a glass of amaretto for dessert. He'll be lucky if I share! J/K!

We're having a Carb Feast! We're putting together this recipe that Craig and Med were talking about on the Mac & Cheese thread..
Macaroni and Cheese My Way Recipe | Food Network

It sounds just too good to resist.
Med, check your private messages please.

Okay, so I re-read the recipe and I was thinking that you stuffed the large shells with the mixture, NO?
Photos please Kayelle? I need some sort of visual on this dish.

Okay, so I re-read the recipe and I was thinking that you stuffed the large shells with the mixture, NO?
Photos please Kayelle? I need some sort of visual on this dish.

No, it's just all stirred together. As I wrote to K, it was a size pasta between the tiny little shells and the huge stffing shells. We've used the tiny shells, penne, and bow ties, pretty much whatever we have on hand.

No, it's just all stirred together. As I wrote to K, it was a size pasta between the tiny little shells and the huge stffing shells. We've used the tiny shells, penne, and bow ties, pretty much whatever we have on hand.

Thanks med, that makes more sense to me. So what, like a pound of pasta to equal the 18 extra large shells?
I suppose I could make half a recipe and eat it for a coupla days :rolleyes::LOL:

Broccoli coming out the ying yang...we've been doing a lot of catering for the school board in this area. Hot lunches for their work shops...today was the 5th lunch of the week for the same bunch of people, which was to be chicken divan..(I was running out of ideas). anyhoo....we got a freezing rain warning this morning and the day was cancelled. I had blanched broccoli and made a rice pilaf for 50... I used up some broccoli for the days soup at the deli(it's going to be cream of broccoli for at least two days) and I made up some frozen butter chicken dinners using the rice pilaf... I made a medditeranian rice salad for our deli counter, which turned out not half bad.. sold it all...good coin there....

so, to make a long story longer, I brought some of the stuff home and we are having the ol' chicken divan on rice pilaf for dinner....:LOL:

Oh, tasso has a LOT more spice than regular bacon. It's got cayenne, paprika, onion and garlic powder, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and honestly I don't remember what else. Plus, it's got the smoke flavor from being smoked. We use our homemade tasso.

TB had the last piece of steak, grilled with mushrooms and onions, a potato and the last of the greek salad.

I haven't had much of anything, but think I will make some mushroom soup out of what is left from his two steak dinners this week. I need to eat some veggies too but will probably just have another Glucerna. I am just not able to eat much at once. I will be so glad when this hernia is fixed. I am tentatively booked in for March 9 but there is a 50% chance I will be bumped to late April. Good news, I am losing weight.

Budget and diet. 2 for the price of 1 seasoned chix breast, $1.10 (convection broiled it), last night's steamed rice, 1 C. nuked, about 3 oz of lima beans (nuked with a bit of water, peppered), margarine, two glasses of wine.

It's the wine I'm complaining about. Two standard 6 oz bar glasses of wine, sentenced to the rest of my life with no time off for good behavior. To be honest I'm already sleeping better. I realize now that any more wine is unhealthy. Greg meets {smack!} reality. Drink delicious poison or sleep well. Pick one.

I almost went to the gym today... but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

I made for Pirate a dish he has been haunting me for years to make for him.

White sausage gravy over biscuits. A memory from his childhood. I had half a biscuit.

Oh, tasso has a LOT more spice than regular bacon. It's got cayenne, paprika, onion and garlic powder, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and honestly I don't remember what else. Plus, it's got the smoke flavor from being smoked. We use our homemade tasso.

Christmas in the Carolinas 2013 191.JPG
LOVE Tasso Ham! Had it for the first time acoupla years ago in
Charleston South Carolina (loved that place, would really like to go back) ... Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage and Tasso Ham Gravy...
OH MY! A first all the way around, well, I've had shrimp as well as grits before, but not in this combination, MMM!

Budget and diet. 2 for the price of 1 seasoned chix breast, $1.10 (convection broiled it), last night's steamed rice, 1 C. nuked, about 3 oz of lima beans (nuked with a bit of water, peppered), margarine, two glasses of wine.

It's the wine I'm complaining about. Two standard 6 oz bar glasses of wine, sentenced to the rest of my life with no time off for good behavior. To be honest I'm already sleeping better. I realize now that any more wine is unhealthy. Greg meets {smack!} reality. Drink delicious poison or sleep well. Pick one.

I almost went to the gym today... but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

In my book "almost" on some days counts as "did!"

Back
Top Bottom