Fri. 9-23-16 - Pot Luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Another Pot Luck supper with "the girls". Rather than assigning different parts of the meal - we will all bring finger foods, appetizers... We partner up and make two dishes together.

My partner and I are making little Shrimp & Scallop Cakes, with a Gingered Soy Sauce for dipping. I have already a Tomato Tart Tatin in the freezer or we could take the Plum Tart I made yesterday.

Maybe even all 3 LOL there will be 12 ladies and believe me, there is rarely anything left!

I'll post those recipes later!

Fight now we're planning on going out for dinner tonight. I am craving a pizza and SO will have a salad.

No cooking tonight or Saturday night. I am in a wedding, get to give away my best friends daughter. He passed four years ago. Deeply moved for this honor.

Fight now we're planning on going out for dinner tonight. I am craving a pizza and SO will have a salad.

I'm getting annoyed by autocorrect. I guess I'll have to do a better job of proof reading my posts.

s/b "Right now"

We had Nanooks award winning pasta today. It is deer meat in a cream sauce with lingon and thyme served over the pasta.

The award winning part, well he entered a contest that said from scratch with pictures, I dont think they meant stalking the deer, killing it, picking the berries and such. The recipe is yummy and simple.

Shrimp, crawfish gumbo. Catfish will be added later.

img_1481210_0_e4bc2cceee7dcb9cc4cb4d6094046cea.jpg

No pot luck here - I'm doing it all myself!

I made a batch of fresh penne pasta this afternoon, which will be enough for tonight's dinner and another in a few days. Chicken tenders, artichoke hearts and roast red peppers in bacon pesto cream sauce to go over the penne, green salad.

Andy, danged autocorrect can get some people into trouble!

Nice looking gumbo, s&p. I still have a quart in our freezer...

Himself will be off to sky watch again, so I'll be making lots of potential leftovers. :LOL: Baked ham and baked mac-and-cheese, plus green beans. Getting a bit cool now, so most nights we'll sub soup for salad. Or just have soup for supper (I'm looking at you, hambone :yum: ). Tonight's soup will be cheesy cauliflower soup.

Lucky for me, we have plenty of leftovers :) so there's a choice of polenta or penne topped with Asian-style braised pork or Italian-style chicken and veggies in tomato sauce. I'll make simple salads and there's a choice of dressing as well, although I almost always for Italian.

Quesadillas. One with corn, a bit of oregano, S and P, with fontinella cheese. The other with the last of our roast chicken, green and red bells, onions, garlic, and chihuahua cheese. Psst, I picked the green peppers out of mine.:rolleyes: and put them in Craig's.

We won't tell him, Medtran. Your secret is safe with us.

Thinking something with eggs here too. Not sure, DH is still at work (I think, who knows?) but he may weigh in.

Had an amazing dinner tonight: Suzanne Goin's Argula Goat Cheese salad (with about 20 other ingredients, or so it seems, all worth it), homemade focaccia, and meatballs in marinara sauce. I cooked all day!

Wow, this one was a homerun, if I do say so myself.

Not sure but probably ham and eggs.
If you need more ham, we have a lot left over! ;)

I must say I did an excellent job on making the mac-and-cheese creamy. :yum: More than half the 8x8 pan is left, plus I now have three little French White casserole dishes of it in the freezer. Yay me!

Attachments

• 2016-09-23 22.38.08.jpg
    2016-09-23 22.38.08.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 112
I'm late. :LOL:

Beautiful looking and sounding dinners all around. :yum: CG, glad your mac and cheese was nice and creamy - nothing worse than a dry mac and cheese. It looks great, and your plates are so pretty, they match the dinner perfectly. :)

I also want some of Joey's gumbo and Rock's chicken tagine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom