Fri. dinner..8/26/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Good grief, it's Friday again?

I'm roasting some split Cornish Game Hens, basted with a glaze of hot pepper jelly, lime juice and butter.

Sides to be determined.

What's going on at your house?

Friday Night Lights, Double Date

K, ya know I haven't made Cornish Game Hens in forever!

We have a double date with Mr & Mrs DF this evening.
First we're all going to early supper at the local Mexican joint, (not sure what we're eating, but Margaritas will be involved ;))
and then we're all off to the small, local High School football game, first of their season.
I haven't been to a High School football game since I was in High School :LOL:
This oughta be fun!

I bought some shaved steak yesterday. Tonight's dinner will be cheese steak bombs with peppers and onions. Cold beer too.

Karen is doing the Penne as a throw together since I had a full day at my second job. The boats are starting to trickle back from the Med, so work should start to pick up. Nitrox Bob hooked me up with a 6# red ab complete with shell.:yum:

Still sitting down while cooking, yeah this going so great... NOT. Husband and little one are ill too, but they have the cold so I have to do the cooking even if I cant stand.

So lunch became nachos with ground beef and veggies and dinner became pasta bolognese, home made but cheating a lot.

I so want to be back on my two legs again!!

Oh and I also need to get my cooking mojo back.

What happened to your legs, CP? Did I miss something? Sorry you and the fam aren't feeling well.

We're getting takeout chicken satay, Tom Kha soup, and drunken noodles from our little Thai place.

Last edited:
I sprinkled a few chicken thighs with Penzey's granulated garlic, onion powder, and BBQ 3000 - the thighs are getting happy in their seasoning while the oven heats up. Will roast those, and since the oven will be on I'll roast some white pattypan squash and carrots for a side.

I'll have one of the chicken thighs for dinner, and the rest for planned leftovers for tomorrow.

CakePoet, I hope you and your family are back to being healthy again soon.

Good grief, it's Friday again?...
Ya know, K, most people feel that way about Mondays. :LOL: Besides, ever since college, The Weekend always starts on Thursday.

The plan was Mexican stuffed peppers. Until Himself said he would not be home to grill tomorrow or Sunday. More star-gazing nights! I've been trying to get him and our burgers outside for at least an hour. I suppose after the sun goes down "late" isn't so important anymore. :LOL: We'll have the leftover potato salad from yesterday, and a side of tomato/cuke/onion. So much for the coleslaw we would have tomorrow, but I prefer coleslaw a day or so after it is made.

Maybe today will be the day I remember to make the Bear Claw ice cream...

I picked up some fresh grouper from my local fishmonger and made ceviche, using red pepper, jalapeño and a teeny onion from the garden. Served it with Mexican rice and fruit. Yummy :yum:

Attachments

• 1472263928250.jpg
    1472263928250.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 1472263942655.jpg
    1472263942655.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 1472263954124.jpg
    1472263954124.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 106
Good grief, it's Friday again?

I'm roasting some split Cornish Game Hens, basted with a glaze of hot pepper jelly, lime juice and butter.

Sides to be determined.

What's going on at your house?

Not the best picture, but it sure was good. Sides were mushroom onion orzo, and mushroom spinach salads. The split hens were really tasty and fun to eat with fingers. ;) Food should be fun, right?
img_1477631_0_5f86bb611b0d63a763c4fcb7ae9f52e6.jpg

I sprinkled a few chicken thighs with Penzey's granulated garlic, onion powder, and BBQ 3000 - the thighs are getting happy in their seasoning while the oven heats up. Will roast those, and since the oven will be on I'll roast some white pattypan squash and carrots for a side.

I'll have one of the chicken thighs for dinner, and the rest for planned leftovers for tomorrow.

Yummy dinner here, too! Great looking plates, GG and Kay. :yum:
I sure do like Penzeys BBQ3000 - nice flavor without the sticky sweetness of most BBQ sauces. Sprinkle on and roast. :chef: Fox Point on the veggies.

Attachments

• Roasted chicken with veggies.jpg
    Roasted chicken with veggies.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I mentioned on another post that I don't eat chicken very often. So... what did I decide to have tonight? :rolleyes:

Anyway, my daughter stopped by, and we had a nice chat while I pan fried some chicken for the two of us. I also made a pan sauce, roasted cauliflower, and a quick salad. it was a very impromptu dinner, but turned out nice.

Cheryl, Kayelle, and GG, your dinners look wonderful! Kayelle, I love Cornish Hens. I haven't had those for a while.

img_1477633_0_777057fd677fe64e40d6a2d2aa791a6e.jpg

Last edited:
It's supposed to cool down tonight......sometime. That time isn't now, though, so another burrito is in the works for supper. Hopefully, this is the last of the summer heat and maybe I can actually start cooking again!

WOW! Everything sounds so good!

I have to say, both DH and I said that we donot want to go back to that Mexican joint again, WAY too expensive for what we got.
We both ordered from the ala carte menu:
2 Carne Asada soft tacos-no sides $7.99 (not much to it)
1 small Cadillac Margarita $8.95 (and I mean SMALL)
That's kinda steep for a teeny tiny town...
but the football game was a blast! and thank you God, it stopped raining!

dawgluver; Just to make life more interesting then it already is, my body decided to throw in another challenge. It wasnt enough with the muscle disease or the inflamed hip, no it had to tear my calf muscle on my good leg. It isnt a big tear, thank god, it just hard to stand up for a few more days.

Friday food will be soup, due to the ill squad .

Back
Top Bottom