Friday 1/20/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kitchen is closed as we are leaving on vacation in the morning. We plan a little Chinese take-out for dinner. It's become a vacation eve tradition.

Neither one of us really feels like cooking and after our takeout fail a few nights ago, we decided to give Screamin Sicilian bolis and pizzas a try. Publix has them on BOGO and they got pretty good reviews online so we'll review here after dinner. Craig went to buy them and I put together a quick t-sauce that is cooking.

Savory skillet pork chops, baked butternut squash, and steamed broccoli. Since I baked an apple pie for a birthday tomorrow, I needed to make a dessert for us. So I am making pear custard bars.

DW really surprised me with a treat tonight: broiled king crab legs with ghee and lemon, freshly baked dinner rolls, french fries, and a cuke salad.

I'm thawing the last three bratwurst links I made a couple weeks ago, along with a pint of frozen sauerkraut. Will simmer them in beer with homemade grainy mustard, thyme and caraway seeds, then brown the brats under the broiler. I think I'll use up the last eight baby gold potatoes I have, since they're starting to sprout - brown in butter and oil, then sprinkle with something from the spice cabinet to finish.

Last edited:
The pizza was pretty decent for frozen. It was better than some we've gotten from pizza places. Bolis the same.

I threw a chicken in the oven an hour before closing time....with my poultry spice..brought it home and will rustle up a salad....after I sit, watch tv, have a chilly willy and try and make sense of what is going down South of the border,,,

Change of plans for the veggie for the French pork tenderloin. The tenderloin is always wonderful, but......

The veggies were the star, thanks to inspiration.
I sauteed sliced shallots in butter along with sliced rings of mini colored peppers till semi tender and added a diced roma tomato with some frozen grilled corn and diced zucchini squash with a teaspoon of BTB ham flavor to the mix along with some Penzey's Arizona Dreaming seasonings, adding salt to the mix. It was cooked till just crisp tender, and delicious!

Last edited:
Change of plans for the veggie for the French pork tenderloin. The tenderloin is always wonderful, but......

The veggies were the star, thanks to inspiration.
I sauteed sliced shallots in butter along with sliced rings of mini colored peppers till semi tender and added a diced roma tomato with some frozen grilled corn and diced zucchini squash with a teaspoon of BTB ham flavor to the mix along with some Penzey's Arizona Dreaming seasonings, adding salt to the mix. It was cooked till just crisp tender, and delicious!

That veggie dish sounds delicious! :yum:

I'm thawing the last three bratwurst links I made a couple weeks ago, along with a pint of frozen sauerkraut. Will simmer them in beer with homemade grainy mustard, thyme and caraway seeds, then brown the brats under the broiler. I think I'll use up the last eight baby gold potatoes I have, since they're starting to sprout - brown in butter and oil, then sprinkle with something from the spice cabinet to finish.

Yummo! :yum: And CG - the sweetness of the grapes was really nice with the rest of the dinner.

Attachments

• 1484972954940.jpg
    1484972954940.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 140
K-L, what are pork tenderloins your "French way"? I've been spying them in the meat counter for a while, looking for inspiration.

That veggie dish sounds delicious! :yum:

Thanks GG. It was so colorful and tasty, worthy of a meal on it's own.

K-L, what are pork tenderloins your "French way"? I've been spying them in the meat counter for a while, looking for inspiration.

Here you go Bucky. http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...-aux-herbes-de-provence-la-kayelle-90863.html

It's one of those "stupid simple" recipes that make getting a good meal on the table so easy. Lately I've been mixing the HdP together with the Dijon mustard before slathering it on the tenderloin. I make it at least once a month. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom