Friday 1/27/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH went shopping Thursday and found lobster tails on special, so bought a pair; we've been watching "Hell's Kitchen" and the chefs are always making lobster risotto, so a dinner was born ;)

Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen Lobster Risotto Recipe - Delectable Cooking and Baking

So I made lobster stock to make the risotto with. Really delicious :yum: I made pan-seared pollock to go alongside, and roasted asparagus. Yummy meal.

Looks good GG.

Did you do the stock on the stove or IP?

Rock, that lasagne looks divine.

K-girl,

Korean Food Made Simple: Recipes: Cucumber Kimchi and Radish Pickle | Asian Food Channel is what I used last night. When I taste tested both of them, I thought both needed way more gochugaru. Um, no. As you eat them, the heat builds and I ended up needing the rice and scallion pancakes, and the soju.

Daikon pickled like in your short-cut banh mi recipe is good too.

WOW! Med, I've been looking for a recipe for the Korean style pickled radish, so miss Korean food, now I can make my own. I'm thinkin' a sprializer would be a great tool for that... um, but then I've got to find some gochugaru first... goin' need to wait til we go back to california probably, or down to the "big city"

Thanks...I was blown away by the great texture of the fresh lasagne noodles. This pasta machine was the best thing I could have bought for mysel...., errr my GF...;).....
I wuz wondering about that. My Pastamatic has a die for wide lasagna noodles, so I think I'm going to have to give it a try. It will only take me three times as long as it took you.

Were you able to get away with just the pasta machine, or was some bling included?

WOW! Med, I've been looking for a recipe for the Korean style pickled radish, so miss Korean food, now I can make my own. I'm thinkin' a sprializer would be a great tool for that... um, but then I've got to find some gochugaru first... goin' need to wait til we go back to california probably, or down to the "big city"

Amazon works well. I ordered some dried seaweed and white soy sauce for a poke we want to try later in the week. The local Oriental market didn't have the kind called for or the white soy, though I didn't realize it's also called golden tamari until after we got home. Keep the gochugaru in the freezer or the fridge even though it doesn't say to. Trust me on this. You could probably sub out gochujang, I thought about it, but then went deep freeze diving.

Thanks...I was blown away by the great texture of the fresh lasagne noodles. This pasta machine was the best thing I could have bought for mysel...., errr my GF...;).....

LOVE fresh made pasta for lasagne, especially using semolina

004.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

Me thinks it's time for another pan ;) thanks for the inspiration

Amazon works well. I ordered some dried seaweed and white soy sauce for a poke we want to try later in the week. The local Oriental market didn't have the kind called for or the white soy, though I didn't realize it's also called golden tamari until after we got home. Keep the gochugaru in the freezer or the fridge even though it doesn't say to. Trust me on this. You could probably sub out gochujang, I thought about it, but then went deep freeze diving.

WAIT! Poke with white soy sauce? Please share
and great tip on keeping the Korean Chile powder in the freezer as well as Amazon, I hadn't thought of that oh and I too thought of gochujang... genious think alike :)

It's a recipe in the February Bon Appetit. It calls for flounder but we're going to use hogfish. There were 2-3 recipes we'll eventually get around to trying. One even uses wasabi peas. I'll post when we make it.

DH went shopping Thursday and found lobster tails on special, so bought a pair; we've been watching "Hell's Kitchen" and the chefs are always making lobster risotto, so a dinner was born ;)

Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen Lobster Risotto Recipe - Delectable Cooking and Baking

So I made lobster stock to make the risotto with. Really delicious :yum: I made pan-seared pollock to go alongside, and roasted asparagus. Yummy meal.

Were the tails from Rock lobsters or Maine lobsters? And is there very much meat in the rock lobster? If so, which ever one you used, I hope you didn't waste the meat. Dipped in melted butter, it is divine and so sweet. Although I have never had the Rock lobster tail meat.

Were the tails from Rock lobsters or Maine lobsters? And is there very much meat in the rock lobster? If so, which ever one you used, I hope you didn't waste the meat. Dipped in melted butter, it is divine and so sweet. Although I have never had the Rock lobster tail meat.

I don't know what kind they were. I didn't pay attention. They were nice and meaty.

Waste the meat? Of course not. After just barely cooking them, the recipe calls for removing the tails to a water bath. Once they're cooled, remove the meat from the shells, chop it up and refrigerate while finishing the stock. Then, when the risotto is almost done, stir it in to reheat.

This is not the first time I've made lobster.

I don't know what kind they were. I didn't pay attention. They were nice and meaty.

Waste the meat? Of course not. After just barely cooking them, the recipe calls for removing the tails to a water bath. Once they're cooled, remove the meat from the shells, chop it up and refrigerate while finishing the stock. Then, when the risotto is almost done, stir it in to reheat.

This is not the first time I've made lobster.

So happy to hear the meat wasn't wasted. I was curious because you didn't mention what you did with the meat from them.

Saturday my daughter treated me to a trip to the hairdresser and then out to eat. I ordered a bowl of corn chowder and two lobster sliders. Those were really big sliders. I was lucky to get just one in me. I took the second one home and as soon as I got my coat off and a cup of coffee poured, I downed the second one. I just can't let a lobster anything just sit there and not be eaten. There were really big chunks of lobster in them. My daughter doesn't know it, but we are going back there real soon. Guess what I will be ordering.

That risotto sounds so delicious. I am in love with lobster salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom