Friday, 10-19-2018, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo, you are a Hawaiian living in the desert, and your spouse is willing to move, if you say the words, and you still live in Cowboyville?

Like a wise man once sang, "Kinfolk said, 'Jed move away from there.'"

CD :LOL:

:LOL:

No Casey ... I wouldn't want to move from here. This is where we wanted to be some 25 years ago, but for a multitude of reasons, we didn't, until now.

Yes, this is cowboyville
(as I was on my way to an appointment in town yesterday, I SAW for-real working cowboys on "The Prairie" is what we call it-it's a HUGE family owned-operated cattle ranch, that our new community boarders ---it was so cool, I almost pulled over to take a picture, but that seemed a bit too tourist-y :LOL:)
and the food scene is not great, but the larger city that we moved from is even worse :ROFLMAO:

We no longer wish to live in big megatropolises but in the peace and quiet, which is one of the main reasons that I cook. If we can't get it at a restaurant here, I find a way to make it myself.

And yes, we've talked about where we'd rather be, like Hawaii or California, but neither State is works for our situation, financially. High taxes, cost of living, etc...

Nah, we're happy here with all the paniolo, that's HAY-why-an, as my mother's step dad use to say, for cowboy :cool:

:LOL:

No Casey ... I wouldn't want to move from here. This is where we wanted to be some 25 years ago, but for a multitude of reasons, we didn't, until now.

Yes, this is cowboyville
(as I was on my way to an appointment in town yesterday, I SAW for-real working cowboys on "The Prairie" is what we call it-it's a HUGE family owned-operated cattle ranch, that our new community boarders ---it was so cool, I almost pulled over to take a picture, but that seemed a bit too tourist-y :LOL:)
and the food scene is not great, but the larger city that we moved from is even worse :ROFLMAO:

We no longer wish to live in big megatropolises but in the peace and quiet, which is one of the main reasons that I cook. If we can't get it at a restaurant here, I find a way to make it myself.

And yes, we've talked about where we'd rather be, like Hawaii or California, but neither State is works for our situation, financially. High taxes, cost of living, etc...

Nah, we're happy here with all the paniolo, that's HAY-why-an, as my mother's step dad use to say, for cowboy :cool:

Back East, it is pronounced "hah-why-ah"

I live on a prairie, too. One of my former co-workers moved here from the Pacific Northwest. I asked her what she thought of Texas, and she replied, "you have a lot of Horizon here." :LOL: Translated, "It is very flat and what few trees you do have are small."

CD

Back East, it is pronounced "hah-why-ah"

I live on a prairie, too. One of my former co-workers moved here from the Pacific Northwest. I asked her what she thought of Texas, and she replied, "you have a lot of Horizon here." :LOL: Translated, "It is very flat and what few trees you do have are small."

CD

Funny, ya know Casey, when we moved to the "Mainland" and folks would ask me where I was from, that I had an odd accent :glare: ... I'd say Hawai'i, pronouncing it they I have my entire life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDviaeRk--Q

"What? Where is that?"
Then I'd correct it to the pronunciation you folks here use and it's,
"Ooooh. How nice, but why'd you move from there to here?" :LOL:

What's with the Hawaii obsession?? You love it so much, go live there.

Russ

She is a natural born full Hawaiian. Full Blooded! Born in Hawaii, and spent the majority of her life there. She also speaks the language fluently. It cost an arm and a leg and a few other body parts to live there. They are now both retired and are living where they can afford. Nuf said!

What's with the Hawaii obsession?? You love it so much, go live there.

Russ

You live in NZ, right? Parts of Hawaii are similar to NZ, the Island of Kauai comes to mind. I would love to go live there, if I could.

Climb down from your high horse, Russ.

CD

Last edited:
You live in NZ, right? Parts of Hawaii are similar to NZ, the Island of Kauai comes to mind. I would love to go live there, if I could.

Climb down from your high horse, Russ.

CD

I've been to Hawaii and I don't think it's anything like it is here. Loved the place, couldn't live there though.
Dismounted sir!!;):yum::)

Russ

Back on topic, dinner tonight here , my d.i.l birthday so her choice
Chicken croquettes entree
Charcoal rotisserie leg lamb with roast vegetables including broccoli cauli bake
Croissant brûlée with chocolate .

Burp.

Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom