Friday 10/21/2016 - What's in the pan Stan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheese and pork enchilada's, with Spanish rice, refries.
Leftovers from last night's dinner.
If time allows I'll make a pineapple upside down cake. (It's MINE...ALL MINE!):pig:

If it comes in my grocery order today, we will be having a rotisserie chicken with oven wedges (mine not theirs), Greek salad for TB (theirs not mine) and Caesar salad for me (mine).

The store doesn't like sending rotisseries in the delivery truck because of temperature rules. If the chickens have been out of the oven long enough before, they can cool it down to go in the refrigerator van. You never know until the order arrives if you got it.

If it doesn't come, it will be something with my ground beef/pork mix.

Tonight I am having the rest of what I had last night because it turned out so good.

I finally made the ricotta cheese mashed potatoes (added a little bacon to them) and I simmered the chuck roast in chicken broth and beer (12 oz Sam Adams lager) with onions (left out the carrots and celery). I think next time I'll cut the beer with more chicken broth because it was so rich, but it was also so delicious. And the potatoes were to die for. I made them from a package of Idaho potatoes and just added a cup of ricotta.

Yeah, that's a meal I won't mind having twice in a row.

Thai takeout. Couldn't understand a word the guy on the phone said. I ordered fried calamari, Tom Kha soup, and Crying Tiger beef. We'll see what we get, DH is picking it up, and is already highly annoyed as a train interrupted his commute.

Edit: Hm. To help with DH's foul mood, they gave us the wrong order. It was nothing like what I ordered. I called the restaurant back, and the girl said they realized their mistake. So DH is on his way back, and is not happy.

Last edited:
I'm making salads as soon as I get offline. Those will be served up with some leftover soup from the vat o' cream of chicken wild rice.

...I finally made the ricotta cheese mashed potatoes...
Ooo, that sounds really good. :yum: I do have part of a container of ricotta that needs using up, so you've given me an idea. Thanks!

We had "seasoned" tilapia tonight from a new recipe from Taste of Home. It was really good and we gobbled it all up. Had a side of steamed spinach and, as usual, iced tea. Finished the Halloween cupcakes for dessert.

I was inspired by GG's meatball dinner a couple of nights ago :yum:, so this morning I dug through the freezer and found some ground beef. Not very much, only about a pound - but that's fine. Simply seasoned with s and p, parsley, onion, and garlic powder. Balled them up and roasted them, and now they're lightly simmering in some marinara sauce I also found in the freezer. :LOL:

I'm thinking dinner will be a few of those meatballs on a toasted French roll, with assorted pickles on the side. Easy peasy - been a busy day.

I have a one pound Dolly Parton chicken breast and I'll be making classic Chicken Marsala with it. I'll try to remember pictures later.

It was delicious, mine on a bed of wilted spinach, his on a bed of mashed taters. I love the flavor of Marsala..unlike anything else!

img_1484710_0_7b9041c0a4ecc0b6b029e39bfb9d1040.jpg

Adorable plate, Kay! But I was wondering, is Kay going to eat all that? Woman has a hearty appetite.

Good to know it's a serving platter!

I did some cod in tempura batter (done with cornstarch, no flour) and oven wedges. I wanted coleslaw but forgot to buy cabbage!

I was inspired by GG's meatball dinner a couple of nights ago :yum:, so this morning I dug through the freezer and found some ground beef. Not very much, only about a pound - but that's fine. Simply seasoned with s and p, parsley, onion, and garlic powder. Balled them up and roasted them, and now they're lightly simmering in some marinara sauce I also found in the freezer. :LOL:

I'm thinking dinner will be a few of those meatballs on a toasted French roll, with assorted pickles on the side. Easy peasy - been a busy day.

Sounds wonderful, Cheryl! :yum: Hmm, I wonder how Greek meatballs in a pita pocket would be...

Steak, mashed potatoes, squash and garlic bread. Leftover steak makes great training treats for my dad's new puppy-5 mo. old Standard Poodle. Always wanted a Std. Poodle.

Back
Top Bottom