Friday 11/18/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My FIL wanted to take us out last night, so we went to a local restaurant he likes. DH and I both got one special - fried pollock and shrimp with baked potato and green beans. My FIL got the other special - pot roast. Everything was delicious.

A pic of our dinner. I should have taken a pic of the gratin before we dished some out. It was really pretty with the rings of parcooked potato slices and tomato slices with fresh basil tucked in here and there.

37240-albums1041-picture6718.jpg

Big change of plans, because I can. :rolleyes:

Italian Seafood Stew, cooked on the fly.

There's nothing more fun for me than cooking with a well stocked pantry and imagination, plus having my darling Sous Chef as a fan.
I had a frozen package of mixed seafood (shrimp, calamari, scallops) from TJ's.
The pantry items were clam juice/Hunt's Pasta Sauce/ fire roasted tomatoes/white wine/red pepper flakes/fish sauce/..tasted, seasoned and adjusted.
A 1/4 cup orzo added till almost tender and then the mixed seafood till just cooked.
Bowls topped with fresh snipped chives from the garden and Parm.
Garlic bread for the SC.
:yum:

This sounds delicious, Kay! :yum: I love cooking on the fly from ingredients that sound good in my head - just wish I would remember to write down the successes for future reference, at least as best as I can recall...:)

Fabulous sounding (and looking!) dinners last night! :yum:

Nice to hear you and Himself are home safe and sound, CG.

LP....glad you got to go out to not only dinner, but a concert as well! Sounds like fun!

CakePoet....great deal on that chicken. :)

I thawed some ground chuck yesterday, not really knowing what I'd do with it, but knew it would be something easy. Ended up with a simple cheeseburger on an onion bun, with the usual - lettuce, tomato and sliced onion. I hadn't had one in quite some time, and it was delicious.

LP....glad you got to go out to not only dinner, but a concert as well! Sounds like fun!
Thanks, Cheryl,
Things didn't go well in the beginning but once the music started I was lost in it. It was a Christmas concert and usually I can't get into it this early, but it was wonderful! I will be resting today and tomorrow but that is okay!

Sounds good Kay. No Garlic bread for you? You still using my recipe? I just bought some of the new Land O Lakes European butter. Very good. 82% butter fat so nice and creamy.

Check it out here >>> https://www.landolakes.com/products...UQfYXBbihRk7t0b23dXwWXc87rupze8IeERoCA0rw_wcB

View attachment 25703

I wonder how garlic butter would taste using this butter.

We had scrambled eggs, bacon and toasted English muffins.

Wow! I'm going to have to get hold of that butter, too. I haven't seen it yet. And that is a fantastic price. Most butter in this area is $3.99/lb for the cheapest and that's when it's on sale. I just picked up some from Trader Joe's for $2.49/lb and thought that was a steal.

Well, last night I just ate a salad with diced ham, some cheese, crispy Chinese noodles, and blue cheese dressing. Nothing earthshaking, but I needed to use up the lettuce before it went bad.

Back
Top Bottom