Friday, 11 August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have any canned soup? I just made a (family-sized :LOL:) can of Campbell's cream of mushroom. The 98% fat free stuff is actually better than the regular. One can feeds me for days -- great alone, over rice or noodles... add a few dashes of hot sauce, comes out VERY well.

VeraBlue said:
I'm making percitelli (it's a thick spaghetti type pasta with a hole down the center of the tube) with sauteed clams, anchovies, tomatoes and mushrooms. Before serving, the pasta is tossed with a hot pepper olive oil, and then toasted breadcrumbs are sprinkled on top.

man, vb, you need to invite me over soon.

hmmm, i thought that type of pasta was called bucatini? it might be named differently as to it's thickness. whatever it is, that sounds awesome.
fresh clams in the shell, or canned?
i like the pepper oil and breadcrumb finish.
and no chopped parsley?

tonight, i stopped by a steak and chop place and picked up a garlic lovers feast.
garlic and salt rubbed grilled chicken breasts and pork chops, with garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic and evoo sauteed veggies.

we stink.

Last edited:
phu said:
Do you have any canned soup? I just made a (family-sized :LOL:) can of Campbell's cream of mushroom. The 98% fat free stuff is actually better than the regular. One can feeds me for days -- great alone, over rice or noodles... add a few dashes of hot sauce, comes out VERY well.

No soup in the house. But I did find some pesto in the freezer. I'm gonna toss it with some pasta, top it with goat cheese and call it food. :LOL:

...well, you're one up on me then. Or... I don't know... five or so. Goat cheese is worth at least three just on its own... mmmmm, goat cheese. Anyway, enjoy. :LOL:

buckytom said:
man, vb, you need to invite me over soon.

hmmm, i thought that type of pasta was called bucatini? it might be named differently as to it's thickness. whatever it is, that sounds awesome.
fresh clams in the shell, or canned?
i like the pepper oil and breadcrumb finish.
and no chopped parsley?

tonight, i stopped by a steak and chop place and picked up a garlic lovers feast.
garlic and salt rubbed grilled chicken breasts and pork chops, with garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic and evoo sauteed veggies.

we stink.

I got the clams from the fish guy in Hackensack on River Street, so they were fresh. I have a big bowl left over, want some? Bucatini is more squared, but still with the hole down the center. No, I didn't throw chopped parsley over the pasta. I didn't because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and didn't want to leave any herbs to waste during the week.

How was your dinner?

Back
Top Bottom