Friday 11th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to go with something nice and basic tonight. A ham steak, fresh green beans with nothing but butter on them, and mashed potatoes with nothing but copious amounts of butter on them.

Are you hinting that I should warm the ham steak in butter? :chef:
Great idea!

I made myself a grilled cheese - 1 thin slice velveeta, 1 thin slice american cheese, 1 thin slice muenster cheese and a sprinkle of fine shredded cheddar cheese. Melted butter in cast iron pan then sandwich browned nicely on first side then lefted and more butter added then sandwich turned and browned nicely on the other side.

Staying in this vein I made some http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/bang-bang-shrimp-73957.html and some beer battered deep fried asparagus

Used the leftover pork loin and shredded with fork. Made pulled pork sandwiches, with a bit of the sauce on top. Served those on "Big Marty" rolls with a side of sweet potato fries.

Everyone is home for dinner tonight! OMG! I need to contemplate dinner. I will have at least one extra mouth tonight, maybe two. I'm thinking I might do either a roast chicken, or a ham. I'll decide in a bit. I DO know that I am craving green beans, so those are on the menu. I suspect the salad will be a coleslaw as I have a cabbage to use up. I'll do that with a vinaigrette dressing. Carb...hmmm...tired of potatoes but the chicken requires that. The ham could have mac n cheese as a side though.
How about white Mexican rice with that chicken???? Mine is easy sauteed onions,garlic and if pressed some sauteed mushrooms cooked in chix stock and when done load that baby up with butter, salt and pepper.
kades

I had some chicken soup in the freezer, DH asked me for matzo balls. Had some fried chicken in the freezer and made some roasted potatoes. Yogurt for dessert....not too bad for a "pick-up" dinner...LOL

How about white Mexican rice with that chicken???? Mine is easy sauteed onions,garlic and if pressed some sauteed mushrooms cooked in chix stock and when done load that baby up with butter, salt and pepper.
kades

Oh that sounds so good! I'll keep that on hand for another day. I went a totally different direction with dinner tonight. I made a chicken and broccoli lasagna. I'm so full after only one piece!

well since i didn't eat the leftovers last night. i will have the beef short ribs, stuffing, a baked sweet potato. dinner last night was beef tacos, yummy.

this was my dinner. too bad i couldn't taste. my sense of taste is gone with the beginning of a cold. bummer. think will spend tomorrow in bed. i simply do not feel well. :ohmy:

this was my dinner. too bad i couldn't taste. my sense of taste is gone with the beginning of a cold. bummer. think will spend tomorrow in bed. i simply do not feel well. :ohmy:
That was my problem last night also :( Feel better babe. I am drinking rosehip and hibiscus tea. It is loaded with vitamins including vitamin c and does help.

Back
Top Bottom