Friday 25th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Vegetable chilli for us to warm us up! Nothing better than a bowl of veg chilli with some bread to mop it up!

No reason to feel stupid. It might be interesting to see how different folks prepare those leftovers.

Believe it or not but I don't have any leftovers! Unless you count the 2 bitty pieces of pecan pie, the lone sliver pf pumpkin pie and the cup of cheese spread and crackers! Guess I'll have to come up with something. It'll probably be my standby spaghetti. Easy to fix and have a salad with it.

Not enough in the "care package" for a meal here either.......the only thing I hate about not hosting.

Thanks for the idea Jabbur, pasta sounds good.......maybe with meatballs. :yum:

Believe it or not but I don't have any leftovers! Unless you count the 2 bitty pieces of pecan pie, the lone sliver pf pumpkin pie and the cup of cheese spread and crackers! Guess I'll have to come up with something. It'll probably be my standby spaghetti. Easy to fix and have a salad with it.

Spaghetti is already in the plans for when I tire of Turkey. I bought all the ingredients except the fresh veggies for salad. The bread is in the freezer.View attachment 12467View attachment 12467View attachment 12467

Last edited:
No leftovers here, because we haven't had "our" Thanksgiving dinner yet. I'm making chicken/rice wraps. I guess you could call them burritos. On the side, sour cream and fruit.

No reason to feel stupid. It might be interesting to see how different folks prepare those leftovers.

I have these dishes
img_1075892_0_b1b54cf17a80831ed9c7e1240dbea02e.jpg
from when I used to take Sunday leftovers to work for lunch every day. I took out two and filled the large section of each with sliced turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, and poured gravy over it. Then I put green bean casserole in one small section, whipped sweet potatoes in the other small section and stuck the two dishes into the freezer. I will probably take one out tomorrow and the another one out one day next week.

Tonight I am having leftover vitello alla pizzaiola with either farfalle or fusilli (I fusilli, oh so silli, I fusilli and witty and gay*), a green salad, and a 2009 Di Majo Norante Sangiovese.

*With sincere apologies to Natalie Wood

Last edited:
gonna to thaw out a cooked chicken breast, add beans and make a little white chili. had thanksgiving at granddaughter's house. it was mostly cooked by her grandmother. everything was just a bit bland. guess they aren't into seasoning anything. beggars can't be choosy i guess.

Turning the Turkey Carcass into stock and then the stock into soup. MMM MMM. It is my day after Thanksgiving tradition. Well at least it will be a tradition in a few years, its only my second year making Turkey Soup. But I know it will live on throughout my life, its so good.

Going to snack on leftovers while I shop on amazon for all of my christmas gifts :) love black friday deals online without having to wait for 20 hours online!!
happysmile.gif

No dinner for me tonight. I had enough yesterday. I stuffed and roasted the turkey and made about three quarts of pan gravy for an orphans' picnic, and the orphans ate it ALL. The other stuff got carted over to the seniors' center for the senior nutrition program. The carcass got pressure cooked and ground up this morning, mixed back into its' broth along with a couple ounces of fresh flax meal. I poured it into a pan to set. Treats for Sadie, my red heeler.

Last edited:
Spaghetti night here! Sauce smells amazing and the pasta is ready. Caesar salad just needs tossing and then we can chow down. Hope Ken gets home soon. I'm starving!

Back
Top Bottom