Friday 2nd March- whats for dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lulu said:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/southern-fried-chicken-147.html?highlight=southern+fried+chicken

that's one g0rd0! But she has a point, its the only thing...searching titles alone that came up looking like a tnt recipe....hm....I sense the beginning of an ISO thread....

(g0rd0) love seeing you here! edited to add, I started a thread in the chicken section .... its a massive site but you'll soon find your way round! in case you don't know (I knew nothing when I arrived here, iso means in search of and tnt is tried and true!)
I wonder where the chef went. I see he hasn't posted in about 5 years. I agree that this recipe looks and sounds like it would be wonderful as do his others that I read as well.

Tonight, hoping DH will call and tell me to meet him at our favo Mexican place. I need a glass of anything:wacko: after this day:mad: but H2o will be added to my dinner sans anything else, rats.:LOL: No need to worry about you guys are going to have a good evening cause y'all get to drink.....

Last edited:
Uncle Bob said:
Miss Katie...
I got the ribs "rubbed down" and sleepin over night. I sure don't like the quality of them however. After I bought these, I saw some in Metairie that were out of this world. Don't you hate it when that happens!! Anyways..
Y'all enjoy dinner.

Omigod, doncha hate when that happens? Until recently we were at the mercy of Sam's Club short ribs. Couldn't get them any place else.

Okay, but fatty. Then a foodie friend told us about a local "real" butcher shop - rare these days - that had great meats. Buck and I went on a reconnaisance trip to see their fare. Whoo ha! Great stuff.

All the meats were trimmed beautifully and the short ribs were....to die for. Guess what we use for the 40 cloves thing? Delish. Still have some in the freezer for some other tasty use.

Well, now that you know where to get the good stuff, the next batch will be super. Enjoy!

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Crewsk

Great dinner plans! I approve!!

(Now if I can I can get you to drinking a good Kentucky Bourbon instead of the J.D.):ermm:

Thanks Uncle Bob!

You could get me to drink a Kentucky Bourbon, but I'm afraid I'd always go back to JD.

Ya know every time I see your name I think of my favorite Uncle Bob. He passed away about 3 years ago & I miss him greatly.

Last night I sauteed up a package of fresh-made natural/organic chicken/spinach/feta cheese sausages in some extra virgin olive oil, & served them alongside some Barilla Plus angel-hair pasta simply tossed with extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes. Green salad alongside as well.

Back
Top Bottom