"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
Southern Fried Chicken

that's one g0rd0! But she has a point, its the only thing...searching titles alone that came up looking like a tnt recipe....hm....I sense the beginning of an ISO thread....

(g0rd0) love seeing you here! edited to add, I started a thread in the chicken section .... its a massive site but you'll soon find your way round! in case you don't know (I knew nothing when I arrived here, iso means in search of and tnt is tried and true!)
I wonder where the chef went. I see he hasn't posted in about 5 years. I agree that this recipe looks and sounds like it would be wonderful as do his others that I read as well.

Tonight, hoping DH will call and tell me to meet him at our favo Mexican place. I need a glass of anything after this day but H2o will be added to my dinner sans anything else, rats. No need to worry about you guys are going to have a good evening cause y'all get to drink.....

Old 03-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #22
Executive Chef

We had pasta with steamed brocolli, browned chicken & pine nuts in a parmesan creamy sauce.

Dessert was a rocket donut (that's the name of the place we buy them). Good donuts.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Miss Katie...
I got the ribs "rubbed down" and sleepin over night. I sure don't like the quality of them however. After I bought these, I saw some in Metairie that were out of this world. Don't you hate it when that happens!! Anyways..
Y'all enjoy dinner.
Omigod, doncha hate when that happens? Until recently we were at the mercy of Sam's Club short ribs. Couldn't get them any place else.

Okay, but fatty. Then a foodie friend told us about a local "real" butcher shop - rare these days - that had great meats. Buck and I went on a reconnaisance trip to see their fare. Whoo ha! Great stuff.

All the meats were trimmed beautifully and the short ribs were....to die for. Guess what we use for the 40 cloves thing? Delish. Still have some in the freezer for some other tasty use.

Well, now that you know where to get the good stuff, the next batch will be super. Enjoy!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #24
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Miss Crewsk

Great dinner plans! I approve!!

(Now if I can I can get you to drinking a good Kentucky Bourbon instead of the J.D.)
Thanks Uncle Bob!

You could get me to drink a Kentucky Bourbon, but I'm afraid I'd always go back to JD.

Ya know every time I see your name I think of my favorite Uncle Bob. He passed away about 3 years ago & I miss him greatly.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #25
Master Chef

Last night I sauteed up a package of fresh-made natural/organic chicken/spinach/feta cheese sausages in some extra virgin olive oil, & served them alongside some Barilla Plus angel-hair pasta simply tossed with extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes. Green salad alongside as well.