Friday 2nd March- whats for dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Inspired by this http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/zucchini-recipes-32781.html we are having corgette pasta. I am going to have no tomatoes in mine, but lots of garlic, and a little mozzerella (which we love with broccoli pasta too) and more courgette than pasta! I really fancy a nice Asti too, but I have to drive really easrly in the morning so better not risk it in case I get stopped for any reason :rolleyes:

Think we will be getting take out - not sure from where yet, too early to decide. Iam very changeable when it comes to food.

I'm experimenting tonight. Have some of the onion sauce leftover from pork chops. Will fry some bacon add the onion sauce with more cream and add garlic. May add other herbs after tasting. serving over pasta with salad.

Lil'ChefA & I are gonna have homemade mac 'n cheese, I think. I bought some little shells and little alphabets at HEB yesterday (5 packages for $1) to encourage her to eat more. She has days where she eats little-to-nothing, then days where she'll eat the whole pantry (almost 2 and molars are coming in). For dinner the DH wants me to make up the steaks I bought a few days ago (markdowns) and topped in a cognac sauce. So I think that's what dinner will be.

I have some pork steaks out. I have to decide what to do with them. I'm considering either the frying with mushroom gravy and fries or maybe doing them up as barbequed bits with rice. I'm not feeling terribly creative today so I may have to go search out a new recipe.

Chef R- My 3-year old is just as picky as your 2-year old! I've never know a child who I have to beg just to eat a slice of pizza..wish I had that problem- LOL!

I'm teaching a class tonight, so I will make up a vegetable saute of zuchini, red peppers, diced tomato, garlic and feta and add some shrimp from the freezer and toss with pasta for DH's dinner.

I have two rockfish fillets (striped bass) and about one pound of shrimp in the freezer, so tonight will be seafood night. Probably pasta and broccoli for sides.

I pulled an already cooked pork loin out of the freezer. Sides will be at my whim when it's time for dinner.

I was going to buy a pizza for dinner, but seeing as we're getting alot of snow right now, guess I'll make the pizza myself. The places around here that have delivery have horrible pizza.

Flourgirl said:
Chef R- My 3-year old is just as picky as your 2-year old! I've never know a child who I have to beg just to eat a slice of pizza..wish I had that problem- LOL!

Flourgirl ~ it's not that she's picky, well, she is when she's teething. She's strange, she likes pizza, but she likes it 'deconstructed', one layer at a time. It's interesting what she likes. Hmm ... maybe i should move this conversation to another thread. And, no, nobody has to beg me to eat pizza!:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

Wow!! All your menus sound so fabulous!! Boring old baked potatos, cheese and baked beans for DH and I and my boys had (shop bought!!) Southern fried chicken steaks, b beans and potato fritters. Went wild and made a real cheesecake which was delicious but feel totally stuffed now!!!
Where could I find a recipe for Southern fried chicken as we love it in our house but would prefer a home made version.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...ken-147.html?highlight=southern+fried+chicken

that's one g0rd0! But she has a point, its the only thing...searching titles alone that came up looking like a tnt recipe....hm....I sense the beginning of an ISO thread....

(g0rd0) love seeing you here! edited to add, I started a thread in the chicken section .... its a massive site but you'll soon find your way round! in case you don't know (I knew nothing when I arrived here, iso means in search of and tnt is tried and true!)

Last edited:
Bourbon...Wild Turkey.. Russell's Reserve
Fresh gulf oysters..I know three nights in a row. I bought a gallon of them.
If I have any room maybe a piece of broiled snapper topped with shrimp.
Sauted mushrooms, zuchinni, yellow squash, onions, etc.
Then retire to the gallery for a ..Bourbon.

crewsk said:
Hubby is picking up wings on his way home. I'm having an appitizer of Jack Daniels & I'll wash the wings down with a beer or 6.

Miss Crewsk

Great dinner plans! I approve!!

(Now if I can I can get you to drinking a good Kentucky Bourbon instead of the J.D.):ermm:

Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon...Wild Turkey.. Russell's Reserve
Fresh gulf oysters..I know three nights in a row. I bought a gallon of them.
If I have any room maybe a piece of broiled snapper topped with shrimp.
Sauted mushrooms, zuchinni, yellow squash, onions, etc.
Then retire to the gallery for a ..Bourbon.

I can't think of anything better...except maybe replace the squash with sliced peppers, and I'll take a double shot of Chevas on the rocks, if you happen to have any on hand.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know it's late to post our dinner but Buck and are on a schedule unlike most of the households in our area. Can't eat at 6 p.m. on command.

Tonight we're having cream of broccoli soup (with ham), tossed salad, baguette, and chocolate stripe cookies (leftover from a Lions Club dinner meeting earlier this week). Not too fancy schmancy, but we'll enjoy it.

Oh, and some adult beverages before dinner, too.:brows::whistling:rolleyes:

Constance said:
I can't think of anything better...except maybe replace the squash with sliced peppers, and I'll take a double shot of Chevas on the rocks, if you happen to have any on hand.

Will Dewar's White Label work for ya?;)

Katie E said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know it's late to post our dinner but Buck and are on a schedule unlike most of the households in our area. Can't eat at 6 p.m. on command.

Tonight we're having cream of broccoli soup (with ham), tossed salad, baguette, and chocolate stripe cookies (leftover from a Lions Club dinner meeting earlier this week). Not too fancy schmancy, but we'll enjoy it.

Oh, and some adult beverages before dinner, too.:brows::whistling:rolleyes:

Miss Katie...
I got the ribs "rubbed down" and sleepin over night. I sure don't like the quality of them however. After I bought these, I saw some in Metairie that were out of this world. Don't you hate it when that happens!! Anyways..
Y'all enjoy dinner.

Back
Top Bottom