"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Friday, 3/3/17, what's for dinner?

We are having grilled chicken marinated with shawarma style ingredients. It will be shredded after grilling and stuffed in homemade pita pockets, with tzatziki, with a side of spanakopita with homemade filling, bought the phyllo. Everything is in the works already.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Head Chef

I'm making what I planned to make yesterday, but the power outage changed my plans.

Penne Boscaiola (Woodsman-Style Pasta With Mushrooms and Bacon)

Penne Boscaiola (Woodsman-Style Pasta With Mushrooms and Bacon) Recipe | Serious Eats

I'll be adding b/s chicken thigh strips, use fresh penne, and a green salad on the side.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Now Nobody read this the wrong way. I love Catholics, especially during Lent.

I was once an altar boy. One of our duties was to put away the wine after mass. I suppose pour it out or put it back in the bottle. Or something. We boys drank it. Maybe it wasn't a duty, and we just did it. Well I'm sure there wasn’t that much and it was quickly shared. I can't believe the parents didn't notice driving home from church.

For old times sake, I read the diocese calendar for local church Lent Fish Fries. I like the one church that has bingo in the church vestibule, temporary set up like right insde the door along with Quilt displays. Don’t know if you win a quilt or if they are raffled off. Fried or baked fish or meatless spaghetti.

Then I checked a local VFW menu and events calendar. I like their fish. Don’t know how they do this, the fishies tend to curl up at the thinner ends rather than remaining flat. Cute and I think it tastes better. So that’s where we are going for dinner. Hope they have malt vinegar.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Asian-style braised short ribs
Old 03-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
Certified Cake Maniac

Since we eat our main meal at 1:00 pm (PST), and it is a horrible rainy day, I decided on soup and tuna melts. TB had tomato soup and I had mushroom soup. They were both from cans - something I rarely do but I am dealing with yet another cold and I have to be healthy for a routine surgery next week. So, tins were quick and easy.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
Head Chef

I have a craving for fried food this evening. I have some bone in pork chops in the freezer, and haven't had fried pork chops in ages. The bone makes them finger food, which is a bonus. I'm thinking that and some fries -- double fried, of course.

That meal would probably put me in violation of every religious dietary law ever written. I'm such a bad boy.

CD
Old 03-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #7
Master Chef

Hmmm....a couple of coincidences reading today's dinner thread.

Andy, I've been craving short ribs for a few days now and bought several pounds today. They will be on tomorrow's menu, though. Too late to make them today.

LP...a tuna melt is on the menu for this afternoon's dinner here, too! It will be open face on toasted rye, with a small side salad. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not inspired by meatless Fri. today so we'll be going out for either Pub grub Fish & Chips or Sushi. I really want a Rib Eye.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I hit the bargain section yesterday and ended up with chicken breasts and chicken legs. Since I had turkey legs yesterday it looks like a chicken breast. Decisions, decisions. How to cook it, don't know yet. Have jasmine rice from yesterday to go with that. Still got asparagus and I always like that, so the only thing to figure out is the treatment of the chicken.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Dinner was excellent.

Tags
dinner