Friday 4th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no clue either, but I am going grocery shopping today, so I might decide as I'm shopping.

I decided to make sausage stuffing with a box of cornbread stuffing mix, 6 oz. ground sausage, a chopped onion. I added a fair amount of poultry seasoning to the stuffing mix, as well as a couple of beaten eggs to make it hold together.

I decided on a stuffed pork tenderloin, stuffed with sautéed diced apple, onion, almonds, panko crumbs and mushrooms. And some sugar snap peas.
Those plans were shattered when I left produce, got to the meat counter and they were out of plain pork tenderloins... Now what am I going to do with two apples? :rolleyes:
So anyway, while I was at the meat counter I picked up a couple nice beef bones. So far all I know is I'm going to have a couple roasted beef marrow bones. It's a start though.

I've decided on chicken in gravy ladled over mashed potatoes or egg noodles with either stir-fry vegetables or roasted carrots/celery on the side.

Tonight's an individual medley night for dinner. SO has what she wants and I have what I want.

She's having a salad and some protein or other. I forgot what she said.

I'm having some hybrid of carbonara/alfredo with fettuccine.

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary so we're having a special dinner.
When we were in New England a few weeks ago we fell in love with northeast lobster so we ordered a couple of 3 pounders to be delivered live to us this morning by way of FedX. All that's left now is the killin' and the eaten'.......:mellow::devilish: All tips from lobster experts welcomed!!
img_1067404_0_a32bea1a16a35023f5712c993ee3fcf0.jpg

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KAYELLE!

I hope you enjoy your lobster dinner! I don't have any tips, because I have
never cooked one before. I have eaten plenty of them, though.

I decided on grilled snapper puttanesca over some kind of pasta. That should go well with my marrow appetizers.

Vanilla Bean said:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KAYELLE!

I hope you enjoy your lobster dinner! I don't have any tips, because I have
never cooked one before. I have eaten plenty of them, though.

Ditto! Much yummage!

We're going out, either Chinese or Mexican.

Changed our mind. Going to our little supper club with the ’70s salad bar!

Last edited:
I decided on grilled snapper puttanesca over some kind of pasta. That should go well with my marrow appetizers.

I'm feeling kind of glad now that the store didn't have a pork tenderloin :)

Attachments

• roasted marrow bones.jpg
    roasted marrow bones.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 151
  • snapper puttanesca1.jpg
    snapper puttanesca1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 155
  • snapper puttanesca2.jpg
    snapper puttanesca2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 157
Pac, that looks wonderful! What looks so nice and melty in the first pic?
VB, I'm so glad there's an extra fork! And your camera works now!

Yummy all around, everyone!

We went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. For $160, my wife and I got about 3 bites each of salad, an undersized piece of fish (sitting atop a tiny dollop of creamed parsnips and smattering of brussel sprout leaves), and a couple of glasses of wine.

I left the place hungrier than when I arrived.

So we came home and ate leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom