Friday 7/28/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love a recipe for corned beef turned to corned beef hash! Only time I had corned beef from scratch it was horrible! Something surely went wrong and it wasn't on my part, I didn't know how to cook at all at that time. :wacko::angel:

I've never found a good corned beef recipe for hash, that worked for me. For me, I just treat the corned beef separately from the potatoes. First you have to talk to the potatoes politely.

Chop the potatoes, in small cubes, so there's lots of cube sides to get crunchy. Boil them for 20 minutes in water on the stove, then drain and DRY them. Toss them with butter and olive oil, salt, pepper, and bake at 350 to 400 degrees F for an hour PLUS until they are crunchy on all sides. Just bake and bake and turn them over a bunch of times. I made a big batch and it took 2 hours, so you might want to veer towards 400 instead of 350 degrees F.

Put the cubed corned beef in a frying pan with some oil, and brown it slightly, to give it that browned flavor, and it should be pretty dry. The corned beef likes dry sarcastic humor if you talk to it.

Mix them both, and serve with an egg over them, or with ketchup. We are so crazy for it, we call it corned beef hashish, ha ha. It really can't be good for us but it is good good good!

Mini Cherry Cheese Danish. First run turned out great!!

27696-albums1087-picture7004.jpg

OMG, I want a piece of that :yum: :yum:

I've never found a good corned beef recipe for hash, that worked for me. For me, I just treat the corned beef separately from the potatoes. First you have to talk to the potatoes politely.

Chop the potatoes, in small cubes, so there's lots of cube sides to get crunchy. Boil them for 20 minutes in water on the stove, then drain and DRY them. Toss them with butter and olive oil, salt, pepper, and bake at 350 to 400 degrees F for an hour PLUS until they are crunchy on all sides. Just bake and bake and turn them over a bunch of times. I made a big batch and it took 2 hours, so you might want to veer towards 400 instead of 350 degrees F.

Put the cubed corned beef in a frying pan with some oil, and brown it slightly, to give it that browned flavor, and it should be pretty dry. The corned beef likes dry sarcastic humor if you talk to it.

Mix them both, and serve with an egg over them, or with ketchup. We are so crazy for it, we call it corned beef hashish, ha ha. It really can't be good for us but it is good good good!
:ROFLMAO: no ketchup but I'll be sure to talk to it, I can be pretty dry and sarcastic

WOW, again! Fabulous sounding dinners this evening. Dragn, congrats on your stuffed pork chops - they look soooo good.

MsM, your tacos and especially the Cherry Cheese Danish, are making my mouth water. :yum:

Kay, sure wish I would have gotten a corned beef back in Feb/March when I had the chance - the leftovers for hash and ruebens are almost better than the original dinner. :yum:

This afternoon's dinner here was a wrap. Sliced avocado, thin sliced deli turkey, and a little cream cheese with finely chopped jalapenos to hold everything together, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla and sliced into thirds for easy eatin'. :) The last of the watermelon for a side.

That's a good plan Bliss, but I like to add the chopped up leftover carrots to my CB hash in addition to the potatoes. My outstanding horseradish gravy can't go to waste, so that's drizzled over the whole mess with the eggs on top with a shot of paprika for breakfast hash a la Kayelle. ;):yum::D

OK, well, the mashed potatoes weren't all that bad. Rather good, in fact. I had about 1/3 cup of the blue cheese dressing which is what the recipe called for with milk, so I used that and then because the potatoes were a little thick, I added some a bit more milk to them. I should have put in some bacon and that would have really made them good, but I was hungry and ate them as is.

Everything looks good! Especially those Danish, msm. :yum: Kayelle, you reminded me that I have one more corned beef left in the freezer. Cheryl, I've been known to cook a corned beef just to have on hand for sandwiches - no full dinner needed. I may use my last one that way so that we can enjoy many Reuben sandwiches (not fans of hash...).

I used some of the leftover roast beast for Havarti cheese and beef sandwiches on Ciabatta bread. Smeared a generous amount of my mustard/mayo/horseradish spread, and served up with oven roasted potato wedges and some of my Batch One pickles. Salads before, 'natch.

Attachments

• 20170728_230113.jpg
    20170728_230113.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 90
Thank you CG. I kind of winged it on the cheese filling and it paid off.

We had leftover fried chicken, french fries, sliced cucumbers & tomatoes, and apple turnovers (got them from McDonald's when I got lunch yesterday).

Back
Top Bottom