Friday 8/4/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's my birthday and I have no clue what's for dinner. Got to go grocery shopping so I'll decide there.

Happy B-Day!:) We are making chili. Karen makes hers and I make mine.

My older sister took SO and me out to lunch at a super steak house. Lunch was wine, lobster bisque, NY strip cooked medium rare, Parmesan truffle fries, creme brûlée and espresso. So, not real hungry. Probably blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream tonight.

Happy Birthday msmofet! We are having papa john pizza while the boys put a winch on the side by side and then tomorrow I'll be out in the woods all day so it's tudors biscuit world for breakfast, hotdogs over a fire for lunch and no dinner. I love to be out in the woods but they kill me with these all day rides. I feel like I don't get anything done!

DH is out playing golf and will have dinner with his buddies afterward. I bought some beautiful heirloom tomatoes at the special farmers market on Wednesday, so I'm planning on having a BLT and a tomato-cucumber salad for dinner. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

DH is out playing golf and will have dinner with his buddies afterward. I bought some beautiful heirloom tomatoes at the special farmers market on Wednesday, so I'm planning on having a BLT and a tomato-cucumber salad for dinner. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.
I may not get to the BLT. I roasted two big bone-in skin-on chicken breasts in the toaster oven. I can't help eating the skin - hey, it's best when it's fresh and hot! ;) And now I've thawed a half loaf of homemade bread to dip in the drippings :yum: Maybe I'll just cut up that tomato and cucumber and call it dinner.

I may not get to the BLT. I roasted two big bone-in skin-on chicken breasts in the toaster oven. I can't help eating the skin - hey, it's best when it's fresh and hot! ;) And now I've thawed a half loaf of homemade bread to dip in the drippings :yum: Maybe I'll just cut up that tomato and cucumber and call it dinner.
That sounds good!! I had a Mediterranean pizza while the rest had pepperoni. I'm satisfied but I meant to have them take off the onions, I don't like onions on pizza for some reason :mellow:

We were going to order from Mr. Falafel, but they weren't answering the phone. :shock: I hope all is well with them. So, we ordered from Luna, the Greek pizzeria. Stirling got two giro pita and I got two souvlaki pita. It was yum. There will be homemade lemon sherbert for dessert as soon as I have room for it. ;)

I had a very bad allergy attack that turned into a severe sinus infection. So after grocery shopping I was wiped out. DD cooked. We had Chicken ala king over rice with green beans.
And birthday cake - chocolate cake with strawberry preserves and chocolate custard between the layers, whip cream frosting and toasted coconut pressed around the side. I'll try to get a picture of a slice.

27696-albums1087-picture7047.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, mofet!
I hope the next year brings you much happiness, and great culinary adventures.

We were going to order from Mr. Falafel, but they weren't answering the phone. :shock: I hope all is well with them. So, we ordered from Luna, the Greek pizzeria. Stirling got two giro pita and I got two souvlaki pita. It was yum. There will be homemade lemon sherbert for dessert as soon as I have room for it. ;)

I heard Mrs. Falafel caught him telling the lady down the block that she had a nice babaganoush.

Oy vey, it's not like she gave him hummus.

Tonight, if you're still here, I'm having late night Korean cold takeout. Pics to follow.

Last edited:
I had a last minute photoshoot today. Got home and had to do some Photoshopping -- some detail items were not on the car yet, so I had to install them in Photoshop. I just finished working about 30 minutes ago (11pm). So, I made a cheeseburger with some dill pickles on the side.

CD

clockwise from left: Japchae, Sambal, ban chan assortment (bbq spicy fish leather, semi-hard black beans, seaweed salad), and rice with stir fried beef.

Attachments

• 0805170058c_HDR[1].jpg
    0805170058c_HDR[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 133
Happy Birthday, msm! I hope your day ended up being as beautiful as your slice of cake!

Himself's tummy had been upset today, so I soft scrambled some eggs with American cheese and warmed a couple slices of ham for him. He was feeling better enough by the time I was ready to eat my dinner that he "stole" one of my figs. Don't tell him I made three figuring he would do just that. :LOL:

I had two figs stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped with prosciutto, baked, and drizzled with a tiny bit of honey. Also made a huge greens salad with lots of veggies plus more prosciutto ribbons.

Attachments

• 20170804_222814.jpg
    20170804_222814.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom