Friday, Dec 1st dinner plans............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SizzlininIN said:
Boy its hard to believe he's that old......:)

Trust me, it goes fast. My oldest son will be 36 on Tuesday. I have no clue where the time went.

As for dinner tomorrow, I'm going to smoke some ham cubes in my stovetop smoker tomorrow and add them to some split pea soup I took out of the freezer. We'll have cornbread with the soup. I might make something gooey for dessert. It's cold as a witches you know what here, so a cobbler might be a good choice.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my oldest son everyone......I'll pass them along. We're now off to go celebrate.....he's choosen a wonderful buffet resturant.

Leftover ribeye steak (how did that happen?) and whatever other stuff I can scrounge out of the fridge. There's hope that I can roast a chicken or do something else more interesting now that it's the weekend.

Entrecote, chips (fried in olive oil as per Andy's instructions), peas and grilled tomato. I rarely cook beef and hardly ever do steak. What a treat! No pudding - too full.

How the heck did I miss this thread today? I didnt notice anyone starting the dinner thread Lefs, sorry about that. Anyway, it's all combined now :LOL: Thanks mods/admins :)

Katie E said:
Been trying to "eat down" the freezer recently, so it's beefy burritos from several weeks ago. Refried beans and whatever else moves our fancy.

Friday's are kind of loose around here since we talk with Buck's mother in Pennsylvania every Friday night. That usually takes an hour or more so I usually have something fast or already prepared for dinner.

Like Katie I have also been trying to reduce the amount of foodstuffs in the freezer. So, I pulled out some lamb chops which I grilled on the George Foreman grill, since the outdoor grill is under a tarp due to the winter weather. I also cooked Trader Joe's fettucini with mushrooms, which was pretty good. In addition, I had a nice big bowl of tossed green salad.

Back
Top Bottom