Friday, Dec 1st dinner plans............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I don't have any plans yet. How about anyone else.

edited because my DS#2 asked me to make him chicken and dumplings.
I made him a roasted chicken yesterday with mashed potes, gravy, buttered brocolli and baked apples. Out of that chicken, he decided today he wanted chix/dumps so that's what I did. So far, still gotta get the dumps in the broth.

Last edited:
It will have to be something fast for us tonight. The girls are dancing at the Festival of Trees tonight so we'll be eating and then dashing. I have to go scope out the freezer yet, I'll post back when I have a better idea.

My husband is gone on a hunting trip this weekend, so I'm eating whatever appeals to me. I've got some leftover maid-rites for tonight.

Been trying to "eat down" the freezer recently, so it's beefy burritos from several weeks ago. Refried beans and whatever else moves our fancy.

Friday's are kind of loose around here since we talk with Buck's mother in Pennsylvania every Friday night. That usually takes an hour or more so I usually have something fast or already prepared for dinner.

Bratwurst sausages, then go out and watch the town tree being lit and the band with carrols, then roasted chestnuts when we get back in.

should be a good night :)

YT2095 said:
then roasted chestnuts when we get back in

That sounds really good!! Love them especially this time of the year.

We are going to do some clean out the leftover thing, which will be some interesting eclectic mishmash.

We still have some taco filling from yesterday, we are going to pile it on the pitas, with all the trimmings.
Also some coconut curry is left from wednesday, I will just cook a little couscous or basmati and toss it in them.

TGIF and it's a day of fast for me. So it's going to be tempura-mix (pumpkin, green tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms) served with garlic dip/soya sauce and leftover vegetable soup.

PeppA wants to make her version of Pepper Steak. I might not have to work today. If I don't, I might make dinner, some kind of chicken soup, either chicken rice, chicken tortilla, or something else.

I have to finish prepping a demo for tomorrow morning, so dinner will be a quickie with some leftover tuna and a fresh veggie...:chef:

Dinner December 1 ?

I was hoping someone already started this thread so I can get ideas for dinner

So what's everyone making?

Either Steak and baked potatoes with lots of bacon or... soup from a can.

It all depends on Paul's work hours tonight.

Its Friday and we always go out to eat on this day. But today is extra special because its my oldest sons 20th birthday so its his choice. Boy its hard to believe he's that old......:)

think i will clean the fridge of leftovers. Roast beef , meatloaf...but with the mashed potatoes think i might make potatoe cakes. since the teenage girls are going to be out i would really love to have chinese food :rolleyes:

"Friday Fish and Chips" is the norm in our part of the world. TGIOver, I like these daily dinner threads, shows what I miss out on 'cause it's always the next day here:rolleyes:
It's Saturday here.

I'm cooking for a homeless shelter tonight. We're having chicken rice casserole with peas and a salad and chocloate cake for dessert.

I've decided on apricot chicken, rice, and broccoli. I've had enough beef this week after t-day.

Happy Birthday to your son sizzlin!

I have been at home all this week with a cold so I decided to call one of my neighbors to see what she was doing.

She invited me over for leftovers - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie etc.

Back
Top Bottom