Friday Dinner - 1/11/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
"Ocean Fresh" swordfish from the supermarket on the griddler. Only $7.99 / lb., but nowhere near as good as the $16.99 / lb. sword from the pricey fish store. You get what you pay for. Baked potatoes and nuked cauliflower on the side.

Tonight it was corned beef, cabbage and red potatoes.

Tonight we had TJ's orange chicken stir-fried with red peppers, mushrooms and sugar snap peas all over sesame rice.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5463.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5463.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 137
I'm making http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/exotic-epic-chicken-stew-99214.html
It's been a while since I've made it.
Rain is on the way, so it's a good afternoon to be in the kitchen next to the stove.

Not the best picture, but this stew was once again an explosion of unusual and wonderful flavors. The recipe is still spot on, and it was fun to make just as written. :yum:
By the way, this recipe is a perfect example of the value of Mise en place on a large sheet pan.

Attachments

• P1110003[1].jpg
    P1110003[1].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Second of two nights on the road. Today we stopped at our favorite diner, Blue Colony in Newtown, CT. Their dinner specials can not be beat. We each had a cup of soup (chicken gumbo for Himself, New England clam chowder for moi), a garden salad, and our entrees...or about 1/2 of our entrees, rather. He had two huge cabbage rolls with a family sized serving of creamy mashed potatoes, and a small dish of pickled beets. I had a large portion of beef stroganoff over buttered noodles. One cabbage roll, about half the potatoes, and nearly 2/3 of the stroganoff came home with us. They will make another appearance over the weekend, so photos then. ;)

Oh, each of our dinners cost $12.95 - beverages included, too!

Asian shrimp and butter cake in a bag.

Attachments

• 2019-01-11 18.16.48.jpg
    2019-01-11 18.16.48.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 2019-01-11 19.33.57.jpg
    2019-01-11 19.33.57.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 101
Last Night's Air Fried Crab Cakes, Onion rings Stinky Beans and some Left-over Carrots, Cocktail and Tartar Sauces, Cole Slaw...

Crb Cakes, Dockside Classics Brand.jpg

Jeannie wasn't hungry so I made myself a chili/cheese hot dog with red onion.. Really hit the spot.. :yum:

Cake later.. (She was hungry enough for that :ermm:)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom