Friday dinner.. 10-12-2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Cooking

Master Chef
A simple egg foo young with pork gyoza... What ya having tonight?

Ross

Attachments

• Egg Foo Young with Pork Gyoza.jpg
    Egg Foo Young with Pork Gyoza.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 257
Ross, that looks really yummy!

TB is on afternoons again so gets his main meal at lunch. I made him gluten-free spaghetti and meatballs with marinara. I made the meatballs and marinara but not the noodles - I have tried making GF noodles and it isn't worth it. We have found a couple of brands that are fairly close to regular pasta.

I had the last of my soup with him. I am not sure what I will have later, it just depends on how tired & hungry I am. But after looking at that egg foo yung, I might just order some in! I make it, but this way I can order some other things too and have food for the weekend!

A simple egg foo young with pork gyoza... What ya having tonight?

Ross

My bean sprouts aren't ready for egg foo young yet! We are having fried peppers with marinated olives and minestrone soup again, guys had pizza too.

I think I'm going to thaw and use up the bag of shrimp I bought on sale a month or so ago. When I go to pick up my prescriptions today, I'll stop and get the Fried Rice Rice-a-Roni and celery.

I add the diced celery, toasted almonds, and diced shrimp to the Rice-a-Roni and then top with crispy noodles when I'm ready to eat it.

Last edited:
A friend gave me a hugh slab of Hen of the Woods mushroom, and Kay's cream of mushroom soup dinner the other day inspired me, so I used some Hen, a can of sliced mushrooms, some porcini powder, sherry and milk for pretty decent soup.

Mediterranean chicken thighs (onions, Kalamata olives, capers, tomatoes, lemon) made in the (gasp!) slow cooker, served over brown rice made in the (gasp again!) rice cooker. Nuked asparagus on the side. I browned the chicken in the slow cooker on saute mode, then sauteed the onions before returning the chicken to the slow cooker on slow cook mode. Brown rice takes 2 hours in the rice cooker to go through the soak, steam, etc. cycles to produce the fluffiest brown rice. Once the cookers were set up, I went out to mow the lawn and do other yard work. Returned to a wonderful dinner.

First, let me say everyone's suppers sound wonderful!
Ross, I don't think I've ever had Egg Fu Young before and it was a topic at our dinner table last night, we'll 'Google It' :)

We were in need of comfort foods from home

005.jpg
Stir fry Chicken & Vegetables served over steamed White Rice :yum:

003.jpg
Diced B/S Chicken thigh meat, julienne Carrots, Chinese Peas, fresh Ginger, Garlic, Shitake Mushrooms, Green Onions and a nice sauce of Chicken Stock, Oyster Sauce, Sesame Oil, Corn Starch, Shoyu, White Pepper and a garnish of Sesame Seeds at the end

001.jpg
I used newest acquisition 'grater' which works so well to julienne... I don't have one of those fancy-pants gloves to protect my hand, so I used an old terry cloth pot holder instead... worked GREAT!!!

002.jpg

Nice looking meals, everyone. ~ With errands, a doctor's appointment, and shopping for me, heading to the farm for stargazing for Himself - well, dinner was basic. A fancy, house-made salad combined with take-and-bake pizza from Aldi. We have our priorities, and it apparently isn't pizza. :LOL: Hey, made our tummies happy.

First, let me say everyone's suppers sound wonderful!
Ross, I don't think I've ever had Egg Fu Young before and it was a topic at our dinner table last night, we'll 'Google It' :)
Google it? Why not DC it! :)

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html

I've made this a few times, minus the shrimp. It helps to make a couple of chops across the sprouts to shorten them a bit for easier handling. You probably want to do this when you can open the windows, unless you like the lingering smell of a Chinese restaurant. By the way, they reheat well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom