Friday Dinner 11/2/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Feeling a cold setting in.... Grilled white american cheese sand w/ homemade chicken soup.

39817-albums888-picture7648.jpg
[/IMG]

Fish fry with cod, fries, rye bread, cole slaw. Black bean soup with whole grained bread for lunch.

Paella with pork belly chicharrones, chicken chunks, shrimp. The chicharrones were homemade and spiced like Spanish chorizo, Aleppo pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder.

Attachments

• 2018-11-02 18.41.17.jpg
    2018-11-02 18.41.17.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 136
I'm doing an Asian soup tonight. It's too dang hot for soup, but I have stuff I need to use up in the fridge before we leave town.

Everyone has great looking and sounding dinners so far!

I think I had a sausage roll but I am not sure if that was considered my supper or a snack.

The reason for this ditsiness? a) I am in full cake mode doing a 50th birthday cake for 60 people due Saturday at 12 noon. b) I just got my bottom partial plate on Thursday and I am "learning" how to chew food again:LOL:. So, I am not eating a lot.

But it is great to have a nice smile instead of a toothless grin. I still have to get the top done next year but they don't show.

Had wonderful Mayan-style cochinita pork tacos with pickled onions at a favorite Mexican place.

We ordered Indian food from our favourite Indian resto. It was very enjoyable as usual. Ordered lots of lamb samosas so there would be enough leftover for snacking.

I am in week six of this stinking cold. And I have no appetite at all. Monday is grocery day. I am going to take The Ride. As my caretaker Spike will be going with me and he travels for free. I know one thing I am going to be buying. It will be the first thing I order. A steamed lobster. And while that is steaming, I will purchase some Haddock filets, shrimp, shell on, and a box of Salted Cod from Canada. So next week, appetite or not, I will be eating all the foods I love. Hopefully I can start to gain back some of the weight loss that has occurred from this stinking cold that won't quit.

I wish I had that lobster tonight. A nice lobster salad sounds so good. But maybe it is a good thing I don't have the lobster available. I am just not hungry and it would go to waste.

Back
Top Bottom