Friday Dinner - 11/9/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I went clammin' this afternoon (at the local seafood store), and picked up a couple dozen littlenecks. Tonight's dinner will be clams and fresh linguine, green salad.

We are having a repeat of yesterday's supper. Fried Haddock with shoestring FF's. I am very happy to eat Haddock seven days a week. Pirate will have a salad with his meal.

Meatloaf sounds so good, beth. ;) And I've never met a mashed potato I didn't like.

Every time I look into the refrigerator, I see a couple quarts of soup looking back at me - or that might be the refection of my own eyes off the containers that hold the soup. Either way, I think we'll make a valiant effort to reduce our stock of...stock? :ermm:

Meatloaf was on my menu but, a late appointment and the cold weather out changed that to grilled cheese sandwiches and potato soup..

Warm peach cobbler for later..

Ross

I’m gonna make a quick and dirty gumbo. With Spam! I may throw I n some canned oysters, too.

Pan roasted chicken thighs, pilaf and steamed asparagus.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_539f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_539f.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 120
Pirate cooked me a humongous piece of Haddock Filet. And I told him just a handful of show string FFs. I am still in shock that I actually cleaned my plate and then started munching of a bowl of dry Cheerios for a snack.

That is the best meal I have eaten since last year. I just hope it will put another pound or two on my bones. I was all the way back up to 75 lbs. yesterday. I am now shooting for 80 lbs.

Good lookin' pics, Andy and Roch. :yum:

I had leftover ham, veggie, and bean soup from yesterday, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

I just hope it will put another pound or two on my bones. I was all the way back up to 75 lbs. yesterday. I am now shooting for 80 lbs.

Addie, if you have a rather fast metabolism like I have, it can be difficult not to lose weight if you're not getting 2000-2400 calories a day (as seen on food nutritional labels). That means having to eat three 700 calorie meals a day. I simply don't consume 700 calorie meals three times a day (these days). :neutral:

Off topic sorta, but if you take a blood pressure medicine called Andolopine (spelling?) like I did before I changed it, that drug totally slowed down my bodies metabolism. I kind of got alarmed because I gained 16 pounds without even eating more, mostly weight gain around my gut. I switched to another blood pressure med.

Last edited:
Addie if you ever get to nz, you would love our blue cod, I beer batter it and serve with twice fried fries. I've had haddock and just about every other fish, and blue cods the best I've had. Expensive aroun $49 kg, but I do swaps with guys down south.

Russ

I wasn't going to make the Ranch butter chicken again because I didn't think it was that great last time. But I wanted to put some chicken into a salad tonight, so I put two chicken breasts into the crock pot with an envelope of Ranch dressing and seasoning mix and a stick of butter and let it cook.

The chicken was delicious this time. I looked at the envelope and I guess there's two kinds of Ranch mix you can get. One seems to be the seasoning only and the other is the dressing and seasoning mix. That last one is much more tasty.

So I had chicken salad tonight with homemade blue cheese dressing (yeah, sounds weird, but the flavors really didn't clash).

Last night was salad (no picture) and hot dogs with small pasta shells in tomato and onion sauce.

hot_dogs_tomato_110918_IMG_5031.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom