Friday Dinner - 12/22/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Giuseppe's copycat bolognese.

Attachments

• 2017-12-22 18.56.03.jpg
    2017-12-22 18.56.03.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 128
Made unstuffed baked pork chops, stuffing on top, sealed in foil to keep everything moist. and a baked sweet tater. Homemade lefse w butter.

My dad picked up some brisket and sausage from Rudy's, which is pretty good BBQ for a chain. I managed to pull some brisket aside before my mom boiled it in BBQ sauce for the better part of an hour. My family thinks of BBQ as any meat cooked in BBQ sauce.

The potato salad and slaw from Rudy's was pretty good, too. Not blow-your-mind good, but pretty darn good for a chain restaurant.

Anyway, we all were happy with what we ate. My mom was a little miffed that I was apparently "too good" to eat it cooked her way, but I stopped caring about that kind of stuff many years ago.

Tomorrow, I have a list of things to build and repair for them, and I'm cooking dinner. Cochinita pibil tacos. I've never made this meal before. Hey, why not use the family as guinea pigs? The meat is marinating overnight, and the marinade tasted good. If the marinade tastes good, the meat generally tastes good, too.

CD

Sounds like your Mom is hard to please, Casey. I say add a bit more spicy to her serving. :devilish:

It's amazing how long a piece of london broil will be usable when proper...heck, it wasn't properly wrapped! :LOL: Still wrapped from the grocery store, then shoved into a freezer storage bag, I decided I could make beef stroganoff with it. Got everything cleaned and cut, simmering away in the gravy, checked a piece of meat (yup, getting tender - yum - time for the mushrooms...) and decided to see what the "sell by" date was. At first glance I thought it had said "August xx, 2017". Um...2016??? :ohmy: Turned out there was no freezer burn, no freezer taste, everything was good.

If I'm not back here anymore, you'll know my original assessment was wrong...

I made up a large green salad with baby greens, spinach, Italian parsley, grape tomatoes, broccoli, avocado, green olives and Parmesan, coated nicely in an Avocado oil, garlic and lime dressing. YUM!

All the meals are mouth watering.. :yum:

Being in pack and move mode, we settled for breakfast for dinner..

A quick one of bacon, scrambled (too tired to make a proper omelette) eggs, hash browns (thank you TJ's) and toast..

Our systems needs greens so, I must shop sometime today.. :wacko:

Ross

Chicken, broccoli and gemelli pasta Aglio Olio topped with fresh grated romano and Reggiano parmesan cheeses.

chicken_gemelli_122217_IMG_3529.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom