Friday Dinner - 12/28/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Club sandwiches..

Attachments

• 49128257_383611385779229_7813402275795173376_n (2).jpg
    49128257_383611385779229_7813402275795173376_n (2).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 121
Roch, that looks just lovely, and so professional. Wait, that makes sense, you are one.:chef:;)

I'm putting together an Italian dish with lots of cheating.

Store bought fresh spinach and cheese tortelloni and I'll add sweet Italian sausage to gussied up Hunts Pasta Sauce. We'll also have Texas garlic toast.

I checked the freezer and found out I was out of chili, so I made another big batch of chili.

Been feeling like I'm getting a cold so I made a pot of homemade chicken soup for dinner. Hub and DD loved it! I have about 1 3/4 quarts left for tomorrow.

We went to our monthly neighborhood cocktail party tonight. I made crostini with homemade toasted sliced bread and marinated roasted bell peppers and artichoke hearts, topped with toasted pine nuts. Was a fun evening with lots of good eats.
2018-12-28-23-43-39.jpeg

We ran around for a few groceries today, and while out I spied a "Mr. Hero" sandwich shop. We haven't had one of their Roman Burgers since we moved to MA, but we do remember loving them - albeit on a very infrequent rotation. Well, we stopped. Either our memory of them has been enhanced over the past 19 years, or the sandwich just isn't anywhere near as good. Probably a combination of the two. Well, the waffer (waffle) fries were still good.

Last Night's Cincinnati Chili , 5-Way ; Spaghetti, Chili, Beans, Cheese and Red Onions... and the obligatory salad, Russian Dressing

Chili, Cincinnati, 5-Way.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a market rotisserie chicken to use the carcass to make broth for a weekend chicken noodle soup..

Heated the legs/thighs and wings for dinner, along with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.. Added pilaf and we had a nice meal..

Coconut cake was dessert..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom