Friday Dinner - 2/23/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday Night Out...

Going to Lambert's... It's a bit of a tourist traveler's place but serves really good food..

I'm craving catfish and theirs is delicious.. :yum:

Ross

Tenspeed, that Chef John recipe looks delish - I bookmarked it. :yum:

I found a one-serving vacuum sealed package of cooked, sauced, and cup up country style pork ribs in the freezer, from last month. That's thawing on the countertop - I'll steam the last of the fresh broccoli for a side. Maybe slice up an apple, too. I've been on an apple kick lately. :)

Last edited:
Oh man, that looks good, Rock.

I gave up beef for lent. :(

Easter had better get here soon, or you might hear a k on the end of my pho.

Oh man, that looks good, Rock.

I gave up beef for lent. :(

Easter had better get here soon, or you might hear a k on the end of my pho.

I didn't even think about it being Lent, and here I am making fish on a Friday. :LOL:

CD

Spachedcock chicken w/ honey , soy & ginger sauce. Mashed & peas.

39817-albums960-picture7229.jpg
[/IMG]

Friday Night Out...

Going to Lambert's... It's a bit of a tourist traveler's place but serves really good food..

I'm craving catfish and theirs is delicious.. :yum:

Ross
Catfish, a piece of SIL's rib eye and bunches of sides... I'll be full for a day or two.. :wacko:

Attachments

• Lambert's.jpg
    Lambert's.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 126
I had a cod filet, sous vide and seared, with a brown and wild rice side.

CD

Attachments

• Fish-Rice001.jpg
    Fish-Rice001.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 142
I hope you feel better soon, CakePoet.

I'm nosy, so of course I had to Google "Lambert's". Did you catch your roll? :LOL:

We had tossed salads and veggie pizzas on Naan bread. Fresh strawberries with a bit of vanilla ice cream for a much later dessert.

Yes I did... Hot out of the oven, onto a cart and the young servers stand in the isle tossing them to patrons.. Its kinda touristy but, also kinda fun.. Not a place to go to with frequency but a good meal and everyone is having a good time.. :)

Ross

Great looking and sounding meals everybody!!

Roch, I had no idea there was such a thing as Campbell's Pho Broth!!Hope this one store town has some.
I continue to learn something new here daily.

Ten, how was Chef John's green chicken chili? My ingredients are the same but I don't bother with the blender as I like some texture.

Last edited:
Ten, how was Chef John's green chicken chili? My ingredients are the same but I don't bother with the blender as I like some texture.
I was happy with it. I used mild salsa verde, and it had a bit more kick than I expected due to the chipotle powder. If you don't want to run the whole mess through a blender I would suggest at least running the cilantro and garlic through a mini chopper with some salsa.

I was happy with it. I used mild salsa verde, and it had a bit more kick than I expected due to the chipotle powder. If you don't want to run the whole mess through a blender I would suggest at least running the cilantro and garlic through a mini chopper with some salsa.

Ten, I've used green enchilada sauce instead of green salsa for a milder flavor. Good idea about running the cilantro and garlic through a mini chopper with some salsa. I love my little chopper from my stick blender. I hate getting the blender out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom