Friday dinner..9/2/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chilled out and waiting for the steam bath, Maryland style that is.
36788-albums309-picture6663.jpg

The beer is ice cold, Karen made a potato-corn salad with Buttermilk dressing and time to get picking.:yum: We had some left over shrimp for a cocktail appi.

36788-albums309-picture6664.jpg

Now your talking, enjoy.

Made my grandma's chicken soup and dumplings. The elders are both fighting colds, so I thought some good ol' comfort food was just what the doctor would order.

Here's a pic of my lemon chicken and spanakorizo. Chicken turned out beautifully but spanakorizo came out more like porridge. It's not for me.

img_1478637_0_14b28904b342e0c9b2660cda9436a306.jpg

img_1478637_1_5cdaf2c53a43a32593f8aa72a2efbd1c.jpg

It's edible and not bad, but I probably won't make this again. Somehow I don't think chicken and potatoes were meant to go together. Next time I might do potatoes and hamburger (with bacon) and instead of Parmesan cheese, I'll add cheddar.

Oh, I disagree. I think you need to work on the seasoning and find a way to add some texture. Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy is *delicious*!

Joey, CG, Craig, Kathy Lee.....fabulous looking dinners. Thank you for sharing such droolworthy pics, all! :yum:

Oh, I disagree. I think you need to work on the seasoning and find a way to add some texture. Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy is *delicious*!

It is if eaten separately, but you don't eat the chicken mixed in with the mashed potatoes. If I mix chicken with anything again, it will be with bacon or rice.

Have to admit I think GG is weird too:ROFLMAO:. To each his own, but mixing all that food together, like those bowls of chicken, potatos, corn that a couple of fast food chains sell, or the sandwiches with fries, slaw, and the protein ----- just no. There are some things that mix well but there are some things that should never be mixed. I know, I'm weird too! C'est la vie!

When I was a young lad I had to combine my food together to eat it. Not sure how it started. Maybe because I didn't like certain things and my mother, or one of my siblings, told me that if you mix it together it will go down easier..I don't remember...I took a small scoop of mashed potatoes and then pierced a bit of meat with the fork and ate it that way. Always had to have a combination in every bite...I notice my brother, who is now 57, still eats that way...:LOL:

When I was a young lad I had to combine my food together to eat it. Not sure how it started. Maybe because I didn't like certain things and my mother, or one of my siblings, told me that if you mix it together it will go down easier..I don't remember...I took a small scoop of mashed potatoes and then pierced a bit of meat with the fork and ate it that way. Always had to have a combination in every bite...I notice my brother, who is now 57, still eats that way...:LOL:

Yes! That explains it perfectly! :ROFLMAO:

Have to admit I think GG is weird too:ROFLMAO:. To each his own, but mixing all that food together, like those bowls of chicken, potatos, corn that a couple of fast food chains sell, or the sandwiches with fries, slaw, and the protein ----- just no. There are some things that mix well but there are some things that should never be mixed. I know, I'm weird too! C'est la vie!

I've noticed how foods are placed far apart on your dinner plates ;) My brother hates it when his food touches, too.

"I eat my peas with honey;
I've done it all my life.

It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on my knife!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom