Friday Dinner - 9/28/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a small corn/cheese/onion/pepper pancake.
shredded potatoes w/cheeses (4) sour cream, onion, cream of soup, red peppers
green beans
a little corn
Maybe a little cucumber sour cream salad later.

What is "cream of soup?" :huh:

It is grilled poke chops at the dog house, tonight. They have been marinading all day.

CD

cdog! cream of soup, is any cream of mushroom or cream of chicken or cream of celery soup, so it's a 'cream of' something. The potatoes are usually called funeral potatoes if you put corn flakes and butter on top, and you make them in Utah.

Mrs. T : What's for dinner?
T: Stuffed pepper soup, DO bread, salad.
Mrs. T: What's stuffed pepper soup?
T: Described the recipe.
Mrs. T: Skeptical look on her face.

Dinnertime:
T: How do you like it?
Mrs. T: I really like it.
T: I wasn't sure, so I only made a half batch.
Mrs. T: You doofus! You should have made a double batch so we could have more leftovers!

Actually, she didn't call me a doofus, but she did say that I should have made a full batch. She's a pretty good sport about trying new things, and in spite of her skepticism, it's only rarely that she is not too fond of some of my experimentation. We're pretty much on the same page of low fat / low salt / relatively healthy dinners.

:LOL: The stuffed pepper soup sounds and looks good, tenspeed! I'll be adding that one to my winter soup rotation. :yum:

This afternoon's dinner was a pull-out-of-the-freezer meal. A small slice of ham, a vacuum sealed bag of corn off the cob from earlier this summer, and green beans.

I made linguine chicken garlic alfredo and Dx made a salad with 2nd planting of spinach and arugula with a bottled Caesar dressing.

We might have ice cream later or popcorn and a movie night.

Been craving hot dogs on a toasted bun with mustard and relish. Too much sodium, but so worth it.

Been craving hot dogs on a toasted bun with mustard and relish. Too much sodium, but so worth it.

Those are so good now and then. I made a chili dog on a toasted bun the other day, topped with lots of chopped onion and shredded cheddar. :yum:

Those are so good now and then. I made a chili dog on a toasted bun the other day, topped with lots of chopped onion and shredded cheddar. :yum:

Love chili dogs too.
I almost tried out my new homemade- in -a -mason- jar sauerkraut on my dog, but admittedly I'm still afraid of it.

I made a sheet-pan dinner with chicken thighs and diced red potatoes and salads to go alongside.
0928182033.jpg

I cut off two very thick slices off our 5lb pork loin to brine and cook tonight in my grill pan after seasoning with mixed Italian seasonings. They turned out great with salad and a pasta side.

The remainder of the pork loin is now in a brine including some liquid smoke and I'll smoke it low and slow sometime this weekend.

Pork loin at $1.49 lb. is really a ridiculous bargain.

We had quickie chili with sourdough baguette. That's what happens at Chez Goddess on a grocery shopping day with no real stockpile of leftovers in the fridge. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom