Friday Dinner Aug. 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm putting together a casserole of Costco rotisserie chicken with a Ranch dressing influence. I'll report back later and if it turns out well, I'll be glad to post the recipe for anyone interested.

What's going on in your kitchen today?

No kitchen tonight. Split chicken breasts grilled over charcoal and mesquite, fresh corn, coleslaw with a sweet herb vinaigrette dressing, and grilled veggies.

The veggie stir-fry I put off yesterday is going to be put on today. Grilling some corn on the cob, bell peppers, onion add some pea pods and tomato season with some seasoning combo or other and away we go. SO brought home some naan to go with it in place of the rice I had planned to make yesterday.

Finishing up some meat leftovers; fried chicken for DH and pulled pork for me, with a soon to be baked green chile, cheddar cheese, mashed potato casserole.

105F today, I'm not going anywhere near the stove. I'll be putting together a tray of no-cook goodies for an early dinner this afternoon. TJ's eggplant hummus :yum: and pita wedges, a simple salad of grape tomatoes, cucumber and red onion dressed with Romano Caesar dressing, sliced smoked gouda and cheddar, and watermelon.

That and the AC turned up, some iced tea with lemon wedges, and a good movie will be just fine. :)

105F today, I'm not going anywhere near the stove. I'll be putting together a tray of no-cook goodies for an early dinner this afternoon. TJ's eggplant hummus :yum: and pita wedges, a simple salad of grape tomatoes, cucumber and red onion dressed with Romano Caesar dressing, sliced smoked gouda and cheddar, and watermelon.

That and the AC turned up, some iced tea with lemon wedges, and a good movie will be just fine. :)

We ARE neighbors..LOL! :D
Too hot to cook anything major.So it's Costco's frozen raviolis with jarred Prego sauce.

:LOL: Sounds like we might be, Munky! Can't wait for the fall weather, I'm done with this heat...LOL

We decided on having Linner, late lunch-early dinner.
fresh pasta.jpg
Yesterday I made fresh pasta with Semolina, MMM.
I had loads of everything leftover, so today is a repeat of last night...
Red Sauce that was the wedding favor at the bestest wedding ever in Ohio earlier this month.
Lovely Sweet Italian Sausages from Costco.
Throw in some Italian bread from Trader Joe's, a green salad with home made white balsamic vinaigrette and of course a glass of wine.
strawberries cream and rum cake.jpg
(file photo-I make this cake alot!)
We'll have dessert for "dinner" later this evening, my homemade Rum Cake with strawberries and cream.

Tonight we had tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwiches and sliced yellow tomatoes ( which a friend gave us). They were very good on the sandwiches.

Bacon/Sausage
Fried Eggs
Grits
The little brown-eyed girl's Blue Ribbon/Award Winning biscuits.
Pear Preserves, Orange Marmalade, and Steen's Pure Cane Syrup.
Coffee & Chicory.

Finishing up some meat leftovers; fried chicken for DH and pulled pork for me, with a soon to be baked green chile, cheddar cheese, mashed potato casserole.

I would love to have the recipe for that casserole. We have Anaheim chiles in the garden, which I have been roasting, peeling and freezing for winter dishes. That sounds great.

I made a pasta salad with chopped garden tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic powder, red wine vinegar and some of the peperonata I made recently, along with chicken legs roasted in the toaster oven. Tasty :yum:

Hi I am new here, and I thought I might join in if that is okay. I made chicken rice soup with left over chicken and rice, and some leftover veg from another dinner, and a ham/Parmesan cheese//green olive/sweet onion/spinach fritatta, which I served on toasted crusty bread as sandwiches. Lemon squares as dessert.

Hi I am new here, and I thought I might join in if that is okay. I made chicken rice soup with left over chicken and rice, and some leftover veg from another dinner, and a ham/Parmesan cheese//green olive/sweet onion/spinach fritatta, which I served on toasted crusty bread as sandwiches. Lemon squares as dessert.

Welcome again, Lynn! Glad to see you joining in on the dinner thread. :) Your dinner sounds delicious! :yum:

I'm putting together a casserole of Costco rotisserie chicken with a Ranch dressing influence. I'll report back later and if it turns out well, I'll be glad to post the recipe for anyone interested.

Wellllll, the casserole was ok, but didn't have the pop of flavor I wanted. The recipe will take some work before I can share it. I should have gone for putting in a little more work and did the pasta chicken casserole I'm really proud to put my name on. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/italian-flag-casserole-77300.html
Lesson learned.

Kgirl and Joey...your dinners look awesome!!

I made sous vide mahi mahi with a mango/cilantro/lime salsa. It's quick and easy and in our regular rotation.

Delicious looking dinners, kgirl and Joey! :yum:

K, I copied and saved your chicken dish you linked, it looks and sounds fabulous.

.....TJ's eggplant hummus :yum: and pita wedges, a simple salad of grape tomatoes, cucumber and red onion dressed with Romano Caesardressing, sliced smoked gouda and cheddar, and watermelon......

I had to ditch the tomato cucumber salad - my cucumber was bad and had to throw it out, so I subbed edamame and deviled eggs. :) Vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. It was good - nice and cool on this hot afternoon.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 165
Back
Top Bottom