Friday Dinner June 5th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bibble235

Assistant Cook
My wife, as I have broke my leg a week ago, it cooking Chicken tikka from Pat Chapman in a tortilla wrap with yoghurt and mint dip and salad

Friday Dinner June 5th

We had leftover pork lo mein for dinner tonight.

What did you have?

Dinner June 5th, 2015

pasta with broccoli rabe.jpg
Barilla whole grain Penne Pasta
with sauteed Rapini or Broccoli Rabe
and Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage,
garlic, some dry white wine and
a coupla grates of fresh nutmeg;
lastly, a flourish of grated Grana Padano cheese atop it all...
Mangiamo!

I made fancy-pants salads (note the in-house marinated green beans :yum: ). We also have grilled hot dogs and freezer-found mac-and-cheese, but the salads were so filling I'm not sure we'll ever get to those tonight. Then again...:pig:

We had Chinese take out tonight, as the bags are packed and the kitchen is closed. We're flying out in the morning for a week long history tour of Philadelphia, Williamsburg, Washington DC and parts in between.

Looks good, kgirl. :yum:

Wow, Kay...you and Steve are off again! John Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane" came to mind as I was reading your post. :LOL: Have a great time on your trip, looking forward to pics.

As for dinner, I had a nice cool fruit salad - watermelon, mango, nectarines, and strawberries. I've been working in the garage a good part of the day - sweeping, taking the tote bins off the shelves and wiping off the dust, etc...last thing I wanted to do was cook. :)

bibble, I hope your leg heals quickly, and welcome to DC.

Last edited:
We ended up with Hardee's chicken tenders, and DH got one of their fish sandwiches.

I'm not a fan of chicken or turkey sausages. I had chicken brats in onion & beer. Still not a fan, never again!

I hear ya TXL, somethings should just be left alone! Like pork & beef! LOL
I've had good sausage made with lamb, like merguez and a very interesting, smokey, Icelandic, lamb sausage. Poultry just makes such sadly, flavourless sausage.

Last edited:
My husband and I were going to go out to dinner last night, but it was stormy, so we decided to have our date in house. Went with a cheese board, charcuterie board, various chutnies and jellies, bread, cranberry and fennel crisps, grapes, and cauliflower fritters with a fig and mustard dipping sauce.

img_1424751_0_d49c845efc8815c6abf56278fff9b342.jpg

My husband and I were going to go out to dinner last night, but it was stormy, so we decided to have our date in house. Went with a cheese board, charcuterie board, various chutnies and jellies, bread, cranberry and fennel crisps, grapes, and cauliflower fritters with a fig and mustard dipping sauce.

img_1424790_0_d49c845efc8815c6abf56278fff9b342.jpg
That's festive. What a great way to rescue date night and avoid the storm. Ooh, it includes cocktails and bubbly with the food.

DH and I went out to celebrate my birthday. DH had an Apple Manhattan and I I had a Pineapple Upside Down Martini and we started with a crispy pork belly appetizer. For dinner, I had a cider-marinated pork chop with mac 'n cheese and BBQ gastrique. DH had duck over polenta. For dessert, I had a warm brownie with ice cream and frambaise (raspberry) wine while DH had banana pudding with a glass of Sauternes. It was magnificent.

Attachments

• 1433613494104.jpg
    1433613494104.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1433613510077.jpg
    1433613510077.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 1433613524328.jpg
    1433613524328.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 1433613537038.jpg
    1433613537038.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 1433613554081.jpg
    1433613554081.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 1433613566211.jpg
    1433613566211.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 135
That really does sound magnificent GG. I'm delighted you had such a great dining experience on your birthday.

That's festive. What a great way to rescue date night and avoid the storm. Ooh, it includes cocktails and bubbly with the food.

Always the bubbly. I'm a big fan of Prosecco, and with its price, why not always have a bottle or two in the house?

DH and I went out to celebrate my birthday. DH had an Apple Manhattan and I I had a Pineapple Upside Down Martini and we started with a crispy pork belly appetizer. For dinner, I had a cider-marinated pork chop with mac 'n cheese and BBQ gastrique. DH had duck over polenta. For dessert, I had a warm brownie with ice cream and frambaise (raspberry) wine while DH had banana pudding with a glass of Sauternes. It was magnificent.

Mmm. Pork belly.

Back
Top Bottom