Friday Dinner May 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Channeling Jimmy Buffet,

I don't know,
I don't know,
I don't know what I'm gonna cook when the dinner bell rings.

SO if off having a fairly late lunch with her sister so she probably won't be very hungry. If that's the case, I'll have a meal out of the freezer that she dislikes and she'll nibble. If she wants to eat, it'll be some kind of pasta dish. Either Sunday Ragu or shredded short ribs in tomato sauce over spaghetti.

Drat. I haven't the foggiest. Just picked some more of the neighbor's rhubarb, but that doesn't sound like makings for dinner.

I need a change. Trying to come up with something off the wall. LOL
At least something you can't just get anywhere. Thinking..........

Not sure yet, either. Off to a gig in an hour so not much time to make anything...probably pack a peanut butter sandwich and a Pepsi for the 45 minute ride. The glamorous life of a musician...:rolleyes:

Channeling Jimmy Buffet,

I don't know,
I don't know,
I don't know what I'm gonna cook when the dinner bell rings.

SO if off having a fairly late lunch with her sister so she probably won't be very hungry. If that's the case, I'll have a meal out of the freezer that she dislikes and she'll nibble. If she wants to eat, it'll be some kind of pasta dish. Either Sunday Ragu or shredded short ribs in tomato sauce over spaghetti.

Staying with Jimmy Buffet, at my house it will be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k

It's been a while since I've had breakfast for dinner, so that's what it'll be. Scrambled eggs with chives, bacon, hash browns, a slice of toasted multigrain bread, and a glass of ice cold OJ. :yum:

We're going Greek. So far, I have tzatziki made and I'm pooped. I have a boneless pork loin to break down for chops, which I'll marinate with olive oil and Penzey's Greek seasoning.
Planning to make a salad with romaine and red sails lettuce from the garden.

Thanks to Cheryl's inspiration, we're having a fritatta! I had one very big male asparagus spear, a bunch of chives, some expired eggs and some nice Cabot white cheddar, along with some of the bacon I cooked in the toaster oven yesterday.

I have a chicken breast that needs cooking either today or tomorrow, some chanterelle mushrooms, and some greens. Not sure what I'm going to do with those...maybe I'll just have some fresh veggies and yogurt tonight and worry about the chicken breast tomorrow. Oh, and asparagus and morel mushrooms.

Thanks to Cheryl's inspiration, we're having a fritatta! I had one very big male asparagus spear, a bunch of chives, some expired eggs and some nice Cabot white cheddar, along with some of the bacon I cooked in the toaster oven yesterday.

I'm glad you were inspired! That sounds really good, Dawg.

It's been a while since I've had breakfast for dinner, so that's what it'll be. Scrambled eggs with chives, bacon, hash browns, a slice of toasted multigrain bread, and a glass of ice cold OJ. :yum:

Pretty darn good. :yum: Early dinner, as usual - it's only 5:30 and the kitchen is clean and closed until tomorrow morning. Well, except for maybe a bowl of ice cream later on. :)

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 160
We had ham steaks with oven fries and fresh veggies.

I am still getting used to eating meat again. Not eating a lot, but enough to keep my blood sugar happy. ;)

Stirling is off at a role playing game, so I'm on my own for supper. I had a lamb chop earlier. Now I'm having crudités with hummus dip.

We had planned leftovers. (See how easy meal planning can be when you cook for 4-6 when there are just two of us?) All I had to make was Salad of Many Veggies: Spinach, iceberg and Boston lettuces, carrots, celery, black and green olives, radishes, English cuke, mushrooms, tomato...and onion for Hiimself.

Heh. I feel your pain, CG. I too cook for 4 to 6, when only two of us plus Beagle live here! And she's not to have anything with onions or chocolate.

Last edited:
Well anyway, I wanted fish! So I seasoned a trout with cajun spice after butterflying it.
Then got the coals hot. Smothered it in hay and grilled it till done. Finished it with orange sauce.
img_1423778_0_5ecacea982afc19009f3dac7cdfc9470.jpg

img_1423778_1_c57942f9a94a7c0a8b868438ab7c0ef8.jpg

img_1423778_2_8e13f6fac5479b96d4c1af73b3a60daa.jpg

img_1423778_3_8f031ac0482600b3a0482261f3875412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom