FRIDAY Dinner - Nov 7th!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normally, Friday night is for tappas plates and those soft pretzels from Philly. However, I'm in love with a pizza junkie; and I'm just not up to making pizza from thin air tonight..

So, after a phone call to Bazzarelli's, I'll pick up a pie with meatballs and ricotta, an order of sweet mussels, and a sausage stromboli.

I believe after a round or two of cocktails, we'll end the evening with a nice chianti....and hopefully a dip in the hot tub.

Tomorrow will be legogirl's 3rd birthday, so we are having our "alone family" celebration today.... tomorrow we will be at my parents' house... it's also my mother's birthday. Crazy....
SO tonights pre-birthday dinner is tacos... followed by cake and ice cream.
:)

I know that I am NOT serving a certain German sausage tonight. YAY!!! Other than that I am not sure. Just hubby and I so could be anything simple and last minute.
have some bacon and eggs with some toast, let your heart feel lighter because it's pretty easy to do and with your weather today, a simple and simply delicious easy dinner is just what the doctor ordered.

Welp... dinner at Saltgrass could of been better... Entrees were fine except when they brought out the bread, there was a FREAKIN ROACH on top of it!!!!! No offer to comp our meal, no visit from the manager, no need to go back there again!!!

Welp... dinner at Saltgrass could of been better... Entrees were fine except when they brought out the bread, there was a FREAKIN ROACH on top of it!!!!! No offer to comp our meal, no visit from the manager, no need to go back there again!!!
eeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooow! blech, that's perskusting

Attachments

• sshot_bug_food_1.jpg
    sshot_bug_food_1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 53

Maybe they were trying to build up your appetite. :huh:
Wait a minute.... you meant the bug didn't you? :wacko:

So anyway.... the crab legs will wait til tomorrow because I don't feel like hurrying their thawing along, so I subbed in a couple baked potatoes to take their place on the plate.

• Seviche of Scallops
  • Radiatore pasta with a Cheddar/Gruyere sauce

Lefse / pacanis.... it was disgusting! It was sitting right on top like they put it there.... a garnish perhaps? He sat it down and I pointed and said "There is a bug on the bread!" I can't believe the server did not see it.

I made a pot of chili and it turned out pretty good. In addition to the usual chili beans, I added a can of garbanzo beans and for a garnish we had sliced avocado, cilantro and colby jack cheese.

That's pretty disgusting alright, sattie. I would have left on the spot.

My dinner hit the spot. I couldn't believe how flavorful this broccoli was. I wonder what country it came from :mellow:

Attachments

• 11-7 steak & broc.jpg
    11-7 steak & broc.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 211
have some bacon and eggs with some toast, let your heart feel lighter because it's pretty easy to do and with your weather today, a simple and simply delicious easy dinner is just what the doctor ordered.

In a way I am taking you up on that - making fettuccine carbanara, which is essential bacon and eggs with cream and parmesan over noodles. Yes, the weather is crummy, I have been feeling achy because of it and this is nice easy comfort food!

Lefse / pacanis.... it was disgusting! It was sitting right on top like they put it there.... a garnish perhaps? He sat it down and I pointed and said "There is a bug on the bread!" I can't believe the server did not see it.

Sattie, sorry about your buggy bread. I don't know how these places stay in business sometimes!

i want thai food .. dw wants pizza ..
looks like i will go to bed hungry ..

Picked up so large shrimp yesterday so tonight scampi over rice...ceasar salad and artichokes my way:LOL:..Kaiser rolls, split, buttered, and then put under the broiler with 2 cheeses to melt..Dessert is just chocolate pudding.

kadesma

We've got jumbo shrimp, too! Fixing scampi style with buttered, garlic french bread and garlic cheese grits. Maybe salad, maybe not. Wine and lots of it!! It's Friday - yea!

Leftovers here. Last of the casserole that was supposed to have been Tuesday's meal and tons and tons and tons of cake mix cookies. They're good, but I'm still going to be up to my butt in cookies this time next week.

Back
Top Bottom