Friday Fare 5/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First I thawed out two chicken thighs. Then when they were half way thawed, I remembered I had the Porterhouse steak in the freezer. So I pulled that out and figured I would have the thighs tomorrow. By the time the steak was thawed out, I had lost my appetite and decided I didn't want to eat after all. So tomorrow, steak for me, chicken thighs for Teddy Bear. But in the meantime, I have sea salted the steak and hope by the time I feel like eating it will be seasoned just right.

Teddy Bear eats better than me and my son combned. Each night he goes to Royal's, (a sandwich shop) and buys a large roast beef sandwich, minus the bun, for Teddy Bear. Then he cooks himself something quick. :yum:

Sick? Well that is not a good idea. Get better fast! And that is doctor's orders. ;)

+1!!!!:)

Get better Dave!

Thanks Addie & Laurie! :) I'm much better today.

As a result of Thursday's "clean out the fridge" dinner I got very sick from eating coleslaw that was past it's prime. (It didn't smell bad or taste bad.) Good thing I only had a small amount, but that was still enough to make pay homage to a certain porcelain deity most of the night. :(

A lot of times we go out on Fridays, but when I cook on that day, it tends to be comfort food. I work from home, so it's real easy just to throw something in the oven and let it do its thing for hours.

Yesterday was beer-braised beef and pearl onions over mash, with peas and homemade rosemary garlic bread.

img_1142540_0_fb40d1ea3c148d5b3ca7c853f7fc2df2.jpg

Last edited:
Steve Kroll said:
A lot of times we go out on Fridays, but when I cook on that day, it tends to be comfort food. I work from home, so it's real easy just to throw something in the oven and let it do its thing for hours.

Yesterday was beer-braised beef and pearl onions over mash, with peas and homemade rosemary garlic bread.

Does that ever look delicious!

Back
Top Bottom