Friday Fare 5/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebunny

Executive Chef
Can't believe that there isn't a dinner thread started. If I missed it then maybe a mod can help me out.

I am excited "Copper River" Salmon is in! :w00t2: Bought some yesterday at Costco, sky high price but so worth it. $13.00 lb. (that was $1 cheaper than most of the local grocery chains had) I looooove Copper River salmon, and as I explained to DH, it still less expensive than if we went out for a salmon dinner for 2 where we would be served pale, likely overcooked previously frozen salmon. (okay that is possibly and exaggeration about "previously frozen")

This salmon will go on the grill, with maybe just some salt and pepper, it has such great flavor there is no need to adorn it with anything else. I think maybe some rice pilaf (not the box tonight:LOL:) grilled aspargus for me and probably broccoli for DH. Rhubarb something or other for dessert.

Hope you are all as excited about your evening meals!

Last edited:
My refrigerator is bursting with so much food I don't know what to make. I did pick up a couple of yellow squash, so that's my veggie.

I'm kind of leaning toward just adding a couple of the beer brats I cooked yesterday and calling it dinner.

My refrigerator is bursting with so much food I don't know what to make. I did pick up a couple of yellow squash, so that's my veggie.

I'm kind of leaning toward just adding a couple of the beer brats I cooked yesterday and calling it dinner.
I'd add a couple of scoops of homemade ice cream and call that dinner:).

My fridge is bursting too. My local favorite market closed for renovation, so I went to another market, & went a little crazy.

Aiming toward Jack Daniels burgers on the grill with all the trimmings, red potato salad w/ dill, & either corn on the cob or edamame salad. There's cut up fruit/watermelon & ice cream.

Came across a recipe for apple eggrolls (w/vanilla ice cream). May play around with it, if I have some time.

Have a safe & Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:
An All American dinner: Since it is cold and snowing, Meatloaf, mashed & gravy , green beans. Homemade strawberry-rubarb pie.

Toast and tea here for dinner .... I've been sick since last night.

An All American dinner: Since it is cold and snowing, Meatloaf, mashed & gravy , green beans. Homemade strawberry-rubarb pie.
I am so jealous! Not just of the food, but of the weather! It is 90 degrees F here. Miserable.

We are eating at our friends' house tonight, so I don't know what we will be eating. I'm sure it will be a challenge to make it fit into our new eating plan, as she uses a lot of starches in her meals, but we will do it. We may have to start eating before we go over there on Fridays, and just watch movies with them. :cool:

I just found out our friends are grilling hamburgers and hotdogs with all the fixin's, which will be served with cottage cheese, not sure what else, and for dessert pumpkin pie. If we don't eat the buns or the pie crust, we can make this work. I hope she made guacamole! :yum::cool:

Still getting rid of leftovers here. Just finished off the macaroni and cheese. May snag a slice of the pizza left yet. There's chicken pie and brats and a chicken breast with gravy yet in the fridge too for whoever wants it tonight.

Korean takeout. Got Korean tacos, soup, and Bippityboppityboo, or something like that. Delicious!

Last edited:
I'm about to grill some pork chops with a mixture of Dijon mustard and thyme and some zucchini that has been marinating in lemon juice, garlic, thyme, S&P and olive oil. I'll serve those with potato salad made with roasted red peppers and garden-fresh blanched peas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom