Friday June 1st 2012 Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take out mediterranean!
Chicken kabobs
Beef Shwarma
Hummus with pita
Salad with Tomato and Cucumbers
Deep fried eggplant rounds topped with tomato,parsley and a vinagrette.

One of the better restaurants in our neighborhood

Darn--I left the digital camera in the City. I won't be able to show off the bounty from the garden or the dish I've concocted. The chard is like spinach--I tossed in some baby kale leaves...I'll probably make something similar again before the summer is out...

Jerk chicken/mango green salad with a quick jerk/mango vinaigrette. I now understand Julia Child's quote "The perfect vinaigrette is so easy to make that I see no reason whatsoever for bottled dressing"

I have some homemade sausage thawing. There's swiss chard and lettuce to pick in the garden. Might do a sausage-pasta-chard dish with lettuce salad on the side. Haven't decided, yet. The pantry at the farm is a little bare since I've moved a lot of stuff to the City (and including the contents of the freezer except for what is in the fridge freezer).
Went with rigatoni, tomato sauce from a jar of home-canned tomatoes, capers. 1/2 chopped lemon, garlic, onion, oregano, a bit of hot pepper flakes. For the salad--garden lettuce, radishes, green onion tops, a bit of baby chard, grated parm cheese and some lime zest. Dressing was EVOO and red wine vinegar. No pics--left the camera in the city with my chicken sitters.

Last edited:
George Dickel...........
Pork Chops........
Pink-Eyes.......
Toasted Cornbread.......
Root-In-Beggar.......
A mixture of roasted sweet & red potato mixed with stir fried yellow squash, zukes, shrooms, and onions..(All musgoes...)
Cold slices of Vidalia onion and a few pods of fresh cayenne.

George Dickel Huh? I haven't heard of that for years.

Back
Top Bottom