Friday June 1st 2012 Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Tonight we will be attending my nieces graduation. One will be going to 1st grade the other will be going to Kindergarten. So not exactly sure what we will do about supper. Got some chicken breast but not sure what to cook. Any suggestions?

What are you having tonight?

DD and her boyfriend have offered to make dinner tonight, and I'm more than happy to pass the potholders to the kids.

I am a little concerned, though, that they may be biting off more than they can chew. Neither of them cook all that much, but they've decided on a pretty labor-intensive meal: four-cheese ravioli, salad, and bread from scratch.

I salute them for their ambition, but I'm not sure they realize what they're getting into. :)

I have some hamburger in the fridge that needs cooked. Not sure what it will end up being. We've had tacos, hamburgers and spaghetti this week so I may try a new goulash recipe or find a casserole to make with it.

jabbur said:
I have some hamburger in the fridge that needs cooked. Not sure what it will end up being. We've had tacos, hamburgers and spaghetti this week so I may try a new goulash recipe or find a casserole to make with it.

We've also had Tacos, Hamburgers and Spaghetti this week.

DD and her boyfriend have offered to make dinner tonight, and I'm more than happy to pass the potholders to the kids.

I am a little concerned, though, that they may be biting off more than they can chew. Neither of them cook all that much, but they've decided on a pretty labor-intensive meal: four-cheese ravioli, salad, and bread from scratch.

I salute them for their ambition, but I'm not sure they realize what they're getting into. :)

Just open an extra bottle of wine, it will be fine! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think pizza at my place tonight!

I don't recall ever graduating kindegarten or first grade... they just moved me on ;) Probably happy to see me go :ermm:

I'm undecided tonight. I'm hoping I have some kind or red sauce in the freezer I can pull out for some spaghetti. It's miserable here today and a big plate of spaghetti would go down well.

Psst, Steve, you can always make a "Possibles Pouch" and keep it in your vehicle.;)

Its shopping day for us, so still undicided.

I haven't decided yet and am hoping I'll get slapped with a bolt of inspiration when I graze through the freezer.

We've had a pretty lazy week mealwise this week because we've pressed our new gas grill into service whole bunches and we've had plenty of leftovers to fill in the gaps. This means there will have to be some "real" cooking today. Hmmmm?

It's a bit cooler outside today so, perhaps, I'll make a soup- or chili-type meal. I think I feel a nugget of inspiration beginning to surface.....

I have some homemade sausage thawing. There's swiss chard and lettuce to pick in the garden. Might do a sausage-pasta-chard dish with lettuce salad on the side. Haven't decided, yet. The pantry at the farm is a little bare since I've moved a lot of stuff to the City (and including the contents of the freezer except for what is in the fridge freezer).

Jumbo grilled artichokes (on sale for $1.50 each), grilled salmon (w/ fennel & lemon slices), couscous or lime rice. Strawberry shortcakes.

Dinner Tonight

:) Buonasera,

Tonight I am preparing a stunner Sicilian Dessert called Zabaglione which I posted ... The appetiser is a simple Arugula & Radicchio Salad ...

The maincourse; Cassola, which is a Sardinian Shellfish Bullabaise, Italian Style Baguette and Prosecco to sip with it ...

Ciao, Have a lovely evening.
Margi. :yum:

I'm going to make a pizza tonight. Was planning to make on the grill but it is raining so it will be the pizza stone and oven.

Ever wonder how come a pig has “spare ribs” unlike other animals. And how come they are spares? And did you ever notice they are smaller in size, like today’s spare tires on a car.

Today I’m making de-boned ribs AKA boneless ribs. Must be from the other end of the spares. Buried treasure is how I’m cooking them. Submerged in a pot of baked beans in a slow oven. And don’t you wish a slow oven would hurry up sometimes too.

Trial by fire. It could turn out to be either a meal you all rave about for years, or something you look back on many years from now and laugh about. :mrgreen:

It is "date night" at our friends' house. She is making chicken in BBQ sauce. That will be ok for our diet, but I'm not sure what the rest of the meal will be, so we will bring a couple pickles along (sugar blockers) to eat before the meal, and maybe some chia seeds. Our Friday date nights are our biggest challenge with this diet. But we are working with it. :cool:

George Dickel...........
Pork Chops........
Pink-Eyes.......
Toasted Cornbread.......
Root-In-Beggar.......
A mixture of roasted sweet & red potato mixed with stir fried yellow squash, zukes, shrooms, and onions..(All musgoes...)
Cold slices of Vidalia onion and a few pods of fresh cayenne.

Back
Top Bottom