Friday March 23rd, Happy National Puppy Day! What's in your food bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please explain what National Puppy Day means. To me, it sounds either gruesome, or something you give your dog something special.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Thanks to whoever added the date to my thread title.

And to di reston, there is nothing gruesome about it. It is a day to celebrate puppies... cute, sloppy, adorable little puppies. If you haven't had your face licked by a puppy recently, you need to find a puppy and rectify that status. It is one of life's happy moments.

And yes, I plan to share some of my dinner with my "puppy," who isn't really a puppy anymore, since he is six years old -- middle aged in dog years.

Now, I just need to decide what to cook for me and my "puppy."

CD

The last of the beef and cheese manicotti made on National Ravioli Day, spinach salad on the side.

It will be served on a plate. :)

I double-dog dare you to eat it off the plate without using your hands. :LOL:

CD

Thanks to whoever added the date to my thread title.

And to di reston, there is nothing gruesome about it. It is a day to celebrate puppies... cute, sloppy, adorable little puppies. If you haven't had your face licked by a puppy recently, you need to find a puppy and rectify that status. It is one of life's happy moments.

And yes, I plan to share some of my dinner with my "puppy," who isn't really a puppy anymore, since he is six years old -- middle aged in dog years.

Now, I just need to decide what to cook for me and my "puppy."

CD

Not to mention there's nothing sweeter or more wonderful than puppy breath!
I couldn't decide on just one picture..
https://www.google.com/search?q=pup..._ql4PaAhVmwFQKHbKmBtEQ7AkIQA&biw=1280&bih=567

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I made these Cod Fish Cakes for our Fri. dinner, and tonight I'll be doing them with shrimp instead of cod.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/kayelles-cod-fish-cakes-no-potato-99657.html

I might even use some Knorr Hollandaise sauce to top them, and enough for the roasted asparagus.

I really must get back on a diet soon!!

Just thought I'd brag on my super shopper here.
Today at Von's market, Souschef found these 2lb. bags of shrimp on a leader sale for $7.00. I wish we had room for a dozen bags of them.
He actually likes cleaning them! :yum:
P3230081_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd brag on my super shopper here.
Today at Von's market, Souschef found these 2lb. bags of shrimp on a leader sale for $7.00. I wish we had room for a dozen bags of them.
He actually likes cleaning them! :yum:
P3230081_1.jpg

51-60 count... those are tiny. Souschef is going to have to work hard to clean enough to make dinner for two.

CD

I picked up a salmon filet and a piece of haddock at the market today. I'll pan fry the salmon for me and bake the haddock for SO. Buttered egg noodles and steamed broccoli with complete our dinner.

Chicken pot pie redux and the leftover banana cream pie is leaking liquid, looks less than creamy goodness, but tastes good. I had some for breakfast too, but how much pie can you eat in a day?

Chicken pot pie redux and the leftover banana cream pie is leaking liquid, looks less than creamy goodness, but tastes good. I had some for breakfast too, but how much pie can you eat in a day?

Well, that depends.
DH can finish off a Meyer Lemon Meringue or homemade Apple Pie in a 24 hour period.
:LOL:
Now, I'll take a Cherry or Blueberry Pie ;)

Hen of the woods mushrooms, shallots, corn, fresh thyme, and gnocchi (homemade) in a pasta water, browned butter and parm sauce. Not the prettiest dish, but sure tastes good.

Attachments

• 2018-03-23 19.13.39.jpg
    2018-03-23 19.13.39.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 143
Clean-out-the-veggie-bin salad, topped with ranch dressing and croutons. The last of the olives, artichoke hearts, and deviled eggs on the side. I was proud of myself today - I used up lots of little fridge bits and pieces that I would have normally thrown out from being lazy. :ermm:

And to top it off, I had this afternoon's meal at the patio table! First blue sky today after several days of glorious rain. :)

Back
Top Bottom