Friday Night 9/4 Feast or Famine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I just put some chicken breasts in the crock pot with salsa, corn and black beans. That'll cook for several hours then I'll shred the chicken and add cream cheese. I plan on serving that over rice and have salads with avocado, eggs, tomatoes and cheese.

We're planning to have smoked pork chops with balsamic reduction, and roasted cauliflower.

After that, we're having some friends and neighbors over to watch a movie in the backyard.

Chicken on the grill. Everything else is up in the air. My biggest decision is should I roast the cherry tomatoes to make the recipe exactly as-is, or say heck with it and fuss it up another way. Right now I think taking a nap is winning.

Chicken on the grill. Everything else is up in the air. My biggest decision is should I roast the cherry tomatoes to make the recipe exactly as-is, or say heck with it and fuss it up another way. Right now I think taking a nap is winning.

Do you have a grill basket? It would be great for grilling cherry tomatoes along with the chicken.

Enjoy your nap ?

Chicken fried chicken.
Several vegetables.
Chocolate Ice Cr.......Wait!!! The little brown-eyed girl made a batch of brownies. So maybe a big brownie and a little vanilla ice cream!!!:yum:

I'm making fusion club sandwiches :-p Basil with the tomatoes and Tajin seasoning with the chicken, along with the usual suspects. Leftover mustard aioli potato salad and pickles on the side.

Hi Uncle Bob.
action-smiley-030.gif

Do you have a grill basket? It would be great for grilling cherry tomatoes along with the chicken.

Enjoy your nap.
Never got a nap, GG. Ended up doing two loads of laundry instead. :wacko: That will wake ya up!

The only grilling "basket" we have is for fish, a hinged thing that holds the food in place. Works for slabs of onion or squash when grilling, but for loose stuff Himself has a slab of coated metal with three sides "fins up" and the fourth with a curved fin down that locks it to the grill grate. Works for him. Didn't need that or a basket tonight. After cutting up a fresh pineapple, I changed the menu. Ended up putting the chicken in a pineapple marinade (used only half of the brown sugar called for), grilling it, and putting it on a bed of brown Basmati rice. Himself also grilled some pineapple spears while I stir-fried broccoli in a ginger-garlic oil, then topped it with toasted sesame seeds. Danged little seeds keep getting stuck in my molars. :glare:

Attachments

• 2015-09-04 21.07.43.jpg
    2015-09-04 21.07.43.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 193
A pasta dish with chicken, fennel, olives and white wine. The pasta was orzo.:yum:

Craig forgot the best part, Key Lime Cheese pie with a nilla wafer crust! Though the main course was pretty darn good too.

Back
Top Bottom