Friday night Dinner, 1/22/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I thawed a bag of fish parts, thinking I've got some catfish and tilapia. Will do a mayo baked fish and get a start on the absurd amount of cole slaw I made this morning.

What are you having?

My daughter and SIL are going to a retirement dinner for a co-worker at SIL's work tonight, so Tyler will be here for dinner. I just scrounged through the freezer and found some marinara sauce, so I'll throw together a spaghetti dinner for us. Probably a salad and some garlic toast to round it out.

I have meatloaf in the oven and mac 'n cheese fixings are ready to go. I'll also braise some green beans and onions in chicken stock and Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. That stuff is really tasty!

We have vast amounts of doctored up chicken and noodles, and green bean casserole left over from last night, along with cherry cheesecake. I don't think we'll be hungry for at least several more days.

Left over Country Fried Pork.
It's like the usual Chicken Fried Steak, Just used pork instead.

Will finish up the mashed taters, gravy. Might make some corn bread muffins to go with it and a salad.

Made a few batches of Oatmeal cookies this morning. I know what I'm having.:ermm:

The impending blizzard is on everyone's mind here. Fridge is stocked, cars are full of gas, snow blower is ready, and we'll see what happens. Dinner tonight is loaded potato soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how far in advance one can start using that one-- the kitchen is closed until vacation.

But today is surely not that day! Oboyoboyoboy. Meatloaf. Baked/ mashed sweet potatoes with a pat o' butter and roly-poly peas with mo' butter.

Turkey meatballs and spaghetti. I've never made meatballs before, but had the urge to do so (don't know why). I followed one of the typical recipes for baked meatballs, and then finished them off under the broiler for 5 minutes. Spaghetti sauce was marina with basil and oregano added, plus the meatballs.

I have meatloaf in the oven and mac 'n cheese fixings are ready to go. I'll also braise some green beans and onions in chicken stock and Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. That stuff is really tasty!

My meatloaf was slightly overcooked, but still tasty. The mac 'n cheese and beans were delish':yum:

Attachments

• 1453512345245.jpg
    1453512345245.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 147
Everyone's Friday Suppers sounds just so tasty!

I am still in the diet-mode, so I browned some 93/7 ground beef
with some of my homemade Taco Seasoning, a bit of Wondra and
a good splash of H2O and left that on the stove to stay warm.

I cleaned some Boston Bib Lettuce in lieu of tortillas, made up a small bowl of pico de gallo and made some No Carb Tacos (uh, I looked at myfitnesspal.com and the lettuce has 1g of carbs, sorry) with Trader Joe's Hatch Valley Salsa for me and for my VERY gringo DH, mild Pace Chunky Salsa.

Sorry folks, no photos, it was gone way too fast, I was starving!

Just wish I could've had a cerveza negra modelo (or three :rolleyes:). some avocado and crema, MMM!

DH said he really enjoyed that supper, it was very refreshing, crisp, cool and spicy all at the same time... and he claims to NOT be a foodie, yeah ;)

Wasn't in the mood for leftovers, but I wanted to clean some of the Pyrex containers out of the fridge, so I stopped at the fish frying grocery store and picked up some bay scallops and swai (we have it so seldom I don't really worry about it being contaminated...much), and a bag of house-brand Tater discs. Baked that up while I dragged the coleslaw, potato salad, and mac-and-cheese from the fridge. We had a very beige dinner, but it still tasted good. Another sideways picture, since even though I rotate it properly in my Dropbox and on my computer, DC insists on turning it so the food will fall off on occasion. :glare:

Attachments

• 2016-01-22 20.44.00.jpg
    2016-01-22 20.44.00.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 156
Two natural casing hot dogs steamed with sauerkraut heated until all the juice was gone and then added a pat of butter. Not very hungry, but at least I ate.
Toasted both sides of the New England style buns. :angel:

As the kitchen is closed for vacation, we went for an early dinner at Bahama Breeze.

So how was that Bahama Breeze? Nice and balmy I bet!;)

Freezer and pantry diving here. Some pancetta and Mario's fresh Sicilian sauce from the freezer, penne, onion, garlic and white wine from the pantry. Vodka from the booze locker. Heavy cream and parm from the fridge. You all know where this is headed!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom