Friday Night Dinner - July 6 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner tonight???
Good question.
Ham with some kind of sauce. Suggestions welcome.
Potato's. Suggestions also welcome.
A salad with Iceberg Lettuce,Spinach,Onions,Cucumbers,Carrots,Mushrooms, and cubed Cheddar. Dressing suggestions welcome

Our daughter has her boyfriend and a couple of college friends staying over this weekend.

I've had a pork butt in the smoker since 8 AM. Tonight will be pulled pork with homemade KC-style sauce, potato salad, honey baked beans, and coleslaw.

I have a small spaghetti squash. I might incorporate it with fettuccine & make a Straw & Hay dish. Fresh fruit (strawberrie, etc.) for dessert.

Last edited:
raining cats & dogs here(most of the country is on flood alert)but warm & humid.so i thought light & tropical...vietnamese beef with sour green mango,rice noodle,peanut & pomegranate salad:

Attachments

• VIETNAMESE BEEF 001.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 001.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 168
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 002.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 002.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 153
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 003.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 003.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 167
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 004.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 004.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 149
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 005.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 005.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 155
Not sure... too hot to be outdoors grilling and I don't want to turn on the oven...so I'm thinking Chinese take-out or Subway

Steve Kroll said:
Very colorful, Harry! Looks delicious.

On the other hand, my butt is quite ugly. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

But it's falling-off-the-bone tender and very tasty.

Great butt, Steve! Andy has the right idea!. :LOL:

Not sure. Waaaaay to hot to cook out. Today's high is/was 105F and we just want to hunker down and stay cool.

Except...the power went out about an hour and a half ago, so the staying cool part means being still and not opening any doors. Can't microwave or bake anything. We have a gas cooktop but that would generate heat. There's plenty of ice and bourbon. Maybe we'll have a liquid diet if the power doesn't come on in time for supper. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, if the power does come on soon we have a refrigerator full of Fourth of July leftovers Glenn's son brought by last night. Burgers, hot dogs, slaw, you name it. Only time will tell.

Not sure... too hot to be outdoors grilling and I don't want to turn on the oven...so I'm thinking Chinese take-out or Subway

Vegetable fried rice and an egg roll....I'll have some mint chocolate chip ice cream in a little while to round out the meal :rolleyes:

Rotisserie chicken and, um, something else.
We had rotisserie chicken too! It's our 15th anniversary. We had a pasta salad with that and a leafy salad of arugula, romaine, and snow peas. I used the same homemade vinaigrette in both salads, seasoned with fresh basil, chives, and Italian parsley from the garden. It was accompanied by a lovely Portuguese rosé, Casal Mendes.

IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG

taxlady said:
We had rotisserie chicken too! It's our 15th anniversary. We had a pasta salad with that and a leafy salad of arugula, romaine, and snow peas. I used the same homemade vinaigrette in both salads, seasoned with fresh basil, chives, and Italian parsley from the garden. It was accompanied by a lovely Portuguese rosé, Casal Mendes.

Happy anniversary, Taxy and Stirling! Your meal looks lovely!

:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom