Friday Night Fare - December 12, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
We're planning on Bacon Wrapped Scallops with chipotle mayo. That's about as far as I've gotten so far. Might do a spinach salad with it.

What's on your table today?

Not sure about what we'll actually have, but I plan to make a smoked turkey and pork and pablano sausage jambalaya.

Wet and blustery here so comfort food.

Doing Steak and Kidney Hotpot with Roasticoat (Jacket Potato).

A friend's in town, so we're probably taking him to a local Italian restaurant.

I cooked up some FFs with a minute steak. Ate three bites and my bugaboo popped up. Three bites and the food gets stuck and nothing else will go down. So now there is a plate full of FFs and a minute steak sitting there waiting for me to finish up. :angel:

We're having jumbo pasta shells stuffed with Italian sausage, chopped spinach, cheese and a few other ingredients I can't remember at the moment. The shells are resting in a nice pool of marinara sauce and are sprinkled generously with mozzarella cheese. They'll be baked until nice and hot and the cheese melts. Sides will include steamed green "something" and toasted homemade baguette with garlic butter. Iced tea will wash it down and we'll have some Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes for dessert. Been a busy week with no time for baking.

Chili here too, but my avo isn't ripe enough. We had crusty French baguette warm from the (Panera's) oven. If we have room later, we'll split my free pastry I picked up at Panera earlier - a carrot cake muffin. :yum:

I think I'll do my http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/kayelles-chicken-paprikash-70254.html

I'll do the Spaetzle this afternoon and get it out of the way first.

Well, I learned some very valuable lessons today.

It pays to have something like Spaetzle (made from "scratch") done early in the day, not to mention with the proper equipment so that it's really ready to be properly browned in a butter skillet when the chicken paprikssh is finished.
Dang, that was a fine dinner with spinach salad thanks to the Sous Chef.

It wasn't all that purdy, so no picture. ;)

That had to be the best spaetzle I have ever seen. Kayelle researched long and hard before finding this particular device. It worked like a charm!
And they were delicious!!

We're planning on Bacon Wrapped Scallops with chipotle mayo. That's about as far as I've gotten so far. Might do a spinach salad with it.
Well, this turned out great! Rather than a spinach salad, I ended up making low carb coleslaw. This would probably be a better dish for summer, but we enjoyed it.

img_1402074_0_110322be788cca544cd223acc43a0aa4.jpg

Did someone say spaetzle?
OH MY GRAVY ALL OVER!
Is there any leftover?
@Kayelle, could you please post that that proper device
(and your recipe) for making spaetzle?
Mine just don't come out like my Greatgrandmother's ...
MMM, with pork roast, pan gravy and a green of some sort, yeah baby! I'm ALL in!

Back
Top Bottom