"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We went to a local bar/grill for a nachos appetizer, then to another favorite place for a take-home pizza.
Gosh,I wished I lived close enough to get good takeout.Alas thats not possible living 45 miles from town and no great takeout either. And yet a small price to pay living where I live.But sometimes it sure would be nice.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Totally unorthodox, but this is about the flavors and fun I want, so, Beirocks, Vegetable Mai Fun, and French Fries. YUM!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Gosh,I wished I lived close enough to get good takeout.Alas thats not possible living 45 miles from town and no great takeout either. And yet a small price to pay living where I live.But sometimes it sure would be nice.

Same here, jp. There's no fast-food or home delivery in our area either. The nearest shopping/fast food/delivery is about 30 miles away. Although, since I grew up without same, I don't really miss these things so much.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #14
Head Chef

We had pork chops marinated in lemongrass, ginger, chilis, sugar, fish sauce,
soy sauce and green onions. It was supposed to have a splash of brandy but
I forgot to swing past the ABC store, oops. Grilled them and served with a
bag of Pictsweet steamfresh Asian veggies. Beth made spicy potatoes in the oven,
which were exceptional. And I don't much care for taters unless they are mashed or
baked!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
Master Chef

Yesterday the market had lovely large thick fresh catfish filets, so I bought a couple. Slathered them with mayonnaise, sprinkled liberally with McCormack's Grill Seasoning For Chicken & ground cayenne pepper & baked them. Boy were they delicious!!! Served them with lemon wedges & a big romaine lettuce salad topped with lots of croutons & parmesan cheese.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #16
Head Chef

Take-Out Thai. In my travels, stopped in at my long-time fave Thai Restaurant. The place was redecorated & the menu was different, but wanted to give it a try. Some dishes were good, and a few not as expected.

Steamed Thai dumpling - minced chicken, crabmeat & shrimp. (Good, but I expected a dumpling - these were more like sui mei (sp?))

Roast Duck Salad mixed veggies & spicy lime sauce.

Garlic shrimp (part of a special - came with fried rice (a little on the bland side), & vegetable spring roll. Shrimp was good, but a little too garlicky.

Pad Thai noodle with shrimp & chicken. Too full to eat it last night, so will have it tonight & add my own steamed dumplings, rice and egg rolls.

Not bad. I may give the restaurant another try.

ETA: When I got home, noticed they overbilled/charged my card, & they said it would straighten itself out? in a few days. I'll see what happens.