Friday Oct 7, 2011 meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we finally got to eat at a new joe's crab shack in the meadowlands tonight. the first few times we tried to go there the wait was 2 hours +, so we ended up going elsewhere.

it was pretty good. not a great value (i can make far better lobster and crab at home for a third of the price) but a fun atmosphere, and a really great waitress.

she got my son up dancing and took a picture with him to put up on their wall, had a good sense of humour, and while only responsible for placing our orders, she made sure the other staff delivered out food in a timely fashion.

we started with garlic mussels which were good but needed a broth and some bread for dipping. then we had pretty good side salads. for our entrees, my son had the kiddie crab legs steam pot, dw had grilled sunset salmon, and i had the lobster daddy feast.

i'm sure we'll be going back, but next time i'll try something more simple from the menu.

babetoo said:
marinated in a lemon pepper marinade. then the other spices sprinkled on them. very good. except the darn fire alarm kept going off. even with the exhaust fan on, it drove me nuts. :ohmy:

Too funny, Babe! Glad the wings were good!

... Actually, maybe I'll make a Double Coronary By-Pass burger from the Vortex. That'll hit the spot.

And so I did, with mushrooms and Swiss on it, too.

Attachments

• vortex burger.jpg
    vortex burger.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 222
pacanis said:
And so I did, with mushrooms and Swiss on it, too.

Oh wow, Pac. With mushrooms and Swiss.....it could't get any better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom