Friday Oct 7, 2011 meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
This is a busy weekend! The choral group I sing with has their fall concerts tonight, 2 on Sat and 1 on Sun. So I started a crockpot of ham and beans to get us through the weekend. I'll make some sort of bread to go with either mayo rolls or cornbread. We'll see what I have time for nearer to serve time.

Its Thanksgiving weekend for us here in Canada so its going to be a stellar food weekend here too.

Tonight is going to be Manhattan clam chowder that I will leave simmering. I have to work tonight, so when our guests arrive I'll still be at work. They'll have food so that's ok.

Tomorrow is still a bit up in the air. I'm trying to decide on pork tenderloin or something hearty like lasagna. I'll let my family decide.

Lordy, I'm so glad its Friday! This is my last day of work in a stretch of 10. Blah! I'm a moron!

We're up for an easy dinner of burgers for dinner tonight. The rain has stopped and the grill is calling.

I missed my first meal already. I had intended to finish up the BBQd beans by serving them on toast for breakfast. If I eat them now I've no doubt they will cut into my dinner appetite like last time I had them. And I'm looking forward to making something for dinner. What, I don't know yet, but something. I could finish off the shrimp and make grilled shrimp enchiladas with molé, but I'm in the mood for something with gravy... Actually, maybe I'll make a Double Coronary By-Pass burger from the Vortex. That'll hit the spot.

No thawing needed today.

Fried hamburger patties served in a stewed tomato and green bean sauce, served over crispy hash brown patties.

Beef, Barley and Mushroom Stew
Whole Wheat Bread
Salad

I used my leftover Stuffed with Garlic Bottom Round Roast, the defated dripping from the bottom of the pan, Onions, Celery, Carrots, Barley, French Cut No Salt Green Beans, Mushrooms, can of Beef Consume/water.Black Pepper.
View attachment 12168

Last edited:
Yummy, Patty! I love barley in just about any soup or stew.

Mexican restaurant tonight!

Today we'll be eating Pizza from Partners Pizza... We have a Groupon coupon so the food will almost be free :)
Hey Jessica, my food was free tonight too! I have been sitting on a $50.00 gift card from Texas Roadhouse. I picked up ribs and pulled pork dinners at the to-go window tonight! I still have half of the gift card left for another time. Yum! Now if DH would just get home from work so we can eat! :rolleyes:

Roast beef hash (cubed cooked roast beef, chopped onion, chives, sliced mushroom caps, cubed potatoes, butter, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and burgundy gravy) and salad (butter lettuce, tomato, sliced mushroom cap, shredded cheddar, McCormick’s Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme and sliced (oven roasted & seasoned) almonds).

img_1056530_0_a0961f6aa447d38e5b169371d9e78f4d.jpg

MM, you did it again!

Dan, there is nothing wrong with spaghetti, even once a week!

wings it is, and now how to cook em. i am thinking oven fried with just pepper, garlic powder and paprika. sweet potato fries, corn on the cob. i am making myself hungry
:chef:

marinated in a lemon pepper marinade. then the other spices sprinkled on them. very good. except the darn fire alarm kept going off. even with the exhaust fan on, it drove me nuts. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom