Friday October 28th 2011 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The country hams that I have had were always refreshed by soaking or simmering in boiling water before baking them. Then the skin was removed and they were baked. In this area you have to pay a fortune for a true country ham and they are hard to get.

The country hams that I have had were always refreshed by soaking or simmering in boiling water before baking them. Then the skin was removed and they were baked. In this area you have to pay a fortune for a true country ham and they are hard to get.

Are you talking about "Old Ham"? Very salty and usually covered in mold. It is scrubbed with a wire brush and prepared the way you stated above.:chef:

I do the same thing--and remove the "net" first. I add some vinegar to the water when I soak it...don't know why, just always have.

We were out running errands and it was getting late so we picked up a roasted chicken at the hot food counter at WalMart and then grabbed some Bob Evan's mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese. Oh... so good! :)

breakfast for dinner
This was dinner.... scrambled eggs with bacon, chives and mozz cheese mixed in. I was going to make homefries but didn't know what time Mark was coming home, so I fixed a few tater-tots. Also on the side, toasted bagels.

img_1064464_0_31c40eec8518e90c1e6f65b0903824f3.jpg

This was dinner.... scrambled eggs with bacon, chives and mozz cheese mixed in. I was going to make homefries but didn't know what time Mark was coming home, so I fixed a few tater-tots. Also on the side, toasted bagels.

Hey! Bring me some of that!
You can just set everything inbetween those bagel halves. I've got ketchup here.
Nice :chef:

My piece of trout came out pretty good. I mangled together some Asian type glaze and cooked it under the broiler. Also had roasted Romanesco and a big ol' salad.

img_1064639_0_6cfcd154c0f1a3ecd2b8b396deb1790e.jpg

Hey! Bring me some of that!
You can just set everything inbetween those bagel halves. I've got ketchup here.
Nice :chef:
Yeah, that does sound good, though I would leave out the tater-tots... lol

I love fried egg sandwiches either on a bagel or good wheat bread, melted cheese, some mayo and dunked into ketchup. I'm not picky on the cheese either. My previous cheese addiction was smoked gouda, now it's fontina.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom