Friday or is that Fryday? Whatcha munching tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Nothing fried here tonight. I'm having people over that we've not visited with in some time. I'm quite excited! I've got a turkey in brining and I'll likely start it in the house and finish it out on the BBQ if it starts to get too warm inside. We'll have oven roasted potatoes and a cooked veggie to be named later. Dessert is still up in the air. I'm contemplating baking something, but we might just want sundaes with all the fixin's. S'mores for later over the firepit.

The thread about hamburger steak got me jonesin' for Swiss steak....Gonna have to see about that for supper I reckon
Yeah. Me too. That is more of a cooler weather meal around here and a dish that I like to let simmer for a while, enjoy the aroma, and have a couple of bevies. I have a playing engagement tonight so it will have to wait for another night.

There is a new food shack opened here a while back calling themselves Boss Hogs. May have to mosey on down and see what they are slingin'.

Last edited:
Very cool!
It always seems to be that when someone wants to video a band, the sound usually ain't the best. I reckon that's why sound editors make good money. I don't play as often as I would like to. Since my best friend (guitar player) had a stroke a couple three years ago, he just don't have the energy to play much unless it's for family and/or friends. We still get together and pick and we do play at Rendezvous. Mostly original material and some of that is for after the young'uns have gone to sleep.

We didn't realize he was even doing it until he posted it on Youtube. He was using the video feature on his regular Nikon camera. I remember I thought he was just taking a lot of photos. I think he was sitting too close. That's why the sound was so distorted.

I think I will grill some pizza here tonight. One with meat and the other with sweet bell peppers. Yum!

No idea. This is day one of DH's holidays and we are playing it by ear. I would love to go to the beach and have fish and chips if the weather cooperates.

I am making (or should I say making up ;)) an Asian chicken salad of some sort for lunch.

Fresh Fried Anchovies in saffron batter ... we are having a dear friend and her husband join us ... Prosecco, antipasti, and meze ... Open air terrace on the rustic antique Unbleached wooden table ...

Have nice wkend,
Margi

Ciao.

I think DH is going golfing tonight, despite the ridiculous heat - we're supposed to have a heat index of up to 112 degrees F! I'm thinking I'll make a salad with fresh mozzarella, garden-fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, and some Italian sausage broiled in the toaster oven.

I'm thinking of combining saute'd summer squash with diced stewed tomatoes, and a couple of hamburger patties for a Sally's Buried steaks.

Am thinking something with eggs. The Olympic opening is on tonight, so we're not going out.

Tonight it will be sausage gravy fried or scrambled eggs with fried potatoes and onions, and tomato slices on the side........

Friday 7/27/12
Eggplant Parmesan (Pictures aren’t very good)

img_1166907_0_2c8abda737ad98fd78caf83bb4cdb0dc.jpg

img_1166907_1_7250eb30814b7e630ecdb034b0215a75.jpg

Back
Top Bottom