Friday the 13th! Do You Dare Eat Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Are you going to push your luck on dinner tonight?

I'm planning on Pope Yes chicken for dinner tonight if SO is in the mood. If not, she's getting a pulled pork sandwich and a salad.

hat do you dare eat today?

Ha - can't say I noticed it is Friday 13th but then I defy superstitions e.g. walk under ladders (first checking to see what is above though!) ;)

I am trying to cut back so just having a chicken soup with a ciabatta roll.

I'm planning on Pope Yes chicken for dinner tonight if SO is in the mood. If not, she's getting a pulled pork sandwich and a salad.

Living and eating on the edge today.:LOL:
Anything that's green, fuzzy or past the expiration date will be on the menu.

Hey, it's just like going out for dinner. Right?;)

Seeing how's it's only 45F / 7 C today and windy, possible rain or not, there is no grilling burgers tonight. Meatloaf in the oven along with a couple baked taters. We have Good corn on the cobs too, imported from Florida.

Do you mean Popeye's? I googled "Pope Yes" and all that popped up was Popeyes.

Craig just brought home a belated B-day present for me. About a ping-pong ball size black summer truffle and about 2 lb of foie gras (but it's frozen:(). Maybe we'll do something with the truffle tonight. It smells so good. Never had foie gras but always wanted to try it so when he said he was going to House of Caviar that's what I picked. Now I have to pick out a recipe or 2 or 3.

Found my recipe for tonight. John Besh's Crab, black truffle gnocchi. We have some leftovers from our stone crab claws a couple of nights ago that we need to use or freeze.

Lucky for me, I'm not superstitious. Haha see what I did there? ;)

We'll probably be having leftover stuffed shells and new salad and garlic bread.

Crawfish stuffed Portobella mushrooms...........

img_1466434_0_c02fe78fda67b4b9229ea2da2b932108.jpg

Crawfish stuffed Portobella mushrooms...........

img_1466436_0_c02fe78fda67b4b9229ea2da2b932108.jpg

You go Joey! Just checked on the cost of a 40# sack. The crawfish are $1.75 #, airport to airport freight is $65.00. They said they would have them available till August!:ohmy:

OMG, this was so good. Craig was ummming before I even sat down and he said this is not a "Chris from ATK umm" (seems like he umms before food he even hits his mouth sometimes). I have to admit I even slurped the rest of the sauce off my plate. :pig: I could drink this sauce. I used lobster base because we had already thrown away the crab shells and I didn't feel like digging thru the freezer to find the shrimp stock.

BASIC SHELLFISH PAN SAUCE — Chef John Besh

This was the actual dinner.
GNOCCHI WITH JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT AND TRUFFLE — Chef John Besh

37240-albums1042-picture6513.jpg

Oh, forgot to add, we did take some pics while I was making gnocchi so I can add those to the thread about making gnocchi soon.

Quick and easy tonight. I had a delicious mess for dinner. I crumbled Italian sausage into a pan, tossed in a few eggs, some spinach, and made a scramble of sorts. Not the prettiest, but like I said, it was delicious! :yum:

I'm so daring I'm trying a new recipe

Good looking dinners, S&P and medtran. Everything else sounds good, too, except for Munky's Fuzzy Supper.

A few days ago, a friend of mine posted this recipe for Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken on Facebook. After I read it for the third time, I realized it was similar to the Chicken Dan-Dan Noodle recipe I cut from a magazine recently. The Dan-Dan called for ground chicken. This recipe calls for breasts. Since the shredded chicken sounded more appealing to me than ground, I modified this recipe a bit. I added a large handful of snow peas (bought for the Dan-Dan), fresh minced garlic and ginger, plus a splat of jarred chili paste. I'll serve it with jasmine rice and have assorted toppings for us to add - things like sliced radishes and scallions, chopped peanuts, crushed red pepper, and pretend cilantro (parsley). It smells so good I can hardly wait until it's done.

Yummers, guys!

I'd roasted some cauliflower yesterday with Penzey's Mural of Flavor and cayenne, and made the remains into cauliflower cheese soup today.

Since my "fly boy" is home now after flying a B25, I've tried to put it out of my mind that this is Fri. 13th. That airplane and I were both built the same year, and I'm a bit gimpy.

We're having pork chops with a Dijon sauce, roasted asparagus and leftover orzo pilaf.

Last edited:
Mmm, mah gaw, ish thish gooo shtuff! Himself is making foodgasm noises. I think this will be a regular - it was so easy to put together, too!

Attachments

• 2016-05-13 20.25.42.jpg
    2016-05-13 20.25.42.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom