"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 10,322
Last night was mac and cheese with tuna. (no picture)
__________________

__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
Head Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
From scratch, or from a box. I don't make desserts, so I live vicariously through yours.

CD

While I make them from scratch most often, these were from a box picked up @ Aldi and stored in the pantry for last minute cravings.. Sometimes ya just want to mix, bake and munch..


Ross
__________________

__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
While I make them from scratch most often, these were from a box picked up @ Aldi and stored in the pantry for last minute cravings.. Sometimes ya just want to mix, bake and munch..


Ross
Okay, I get lazy, too. So, I'll cut you some slack. But, if you have the time, make some good bread pudding, or a NY cheesecake for me to imagine eating. I'll take strawberries or chocolate on my imaginary cheesecake. Bourbon sauce on my bread pudding, please.

CD
__________________
I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell -- Richard Feynman
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #14
Head Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Okay, I get lazy, too. So, I'll cut you some slack. But, if you have the time, make some good bread pudding, or a NY cheesecake for me to imagine eating. I'll take strawberries or chocolate on my imaginary cheesecake. Bourbon sauce on my bread pudding, please.

CD
I bake bread pudding often.. I keep thick brioche bread in the freezer for that purpose..
I haven't made a bourbon sauce since leaving Cali as, I haven't replenished my liquor supply since moving to MO..
I am not a big fan of cheesecake and have never baked one..
If you like chocolate pie, I could make you crave mine...



Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I bake bread pudding often.. I keep thick brioche bread in the freezer for that purpose..
I haven't made a bourbon sauce since leaving Cali as, I haven't replenished my liquor supply since moving to MO..
I am not a big fan of cheesecake and have never baked one..
If you like chocolate pie, I could make you crave mine...



Ross
I actually do like a good chocolate cream pie. That will be my imaginary dessert tonight.

CD
__________________
I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell -- Richard Feynman
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #16
Head Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I actually do like a good chocolate cream pie. That will be my imaginary dessert tonight.

CD
I'll help you imagine it...
Ross
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate pie.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	32083  
__________________

__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.