"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Friday the 26th Dinner- 10/26/18

I made a batch if Steve's Hungarian goulash soup tonight with a couple of French bread rolls along side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5371.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	32029  

Old 10-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Up to my eyeballs in crap to do. I wanted to grill today, since it didn't rain. It's dark now, but still may grill something. Not sure what.

I have never had real Hungarian Goulash. Seems "goulash" has a very broad meaning depending on where you make it. I'm pretty sure my MIL's Oklahoma version was nowhere close to the real thing.

CD

Old 10-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Left over meat loaf for the guys. Cheese cake from the homemade cream cheese. Melted some strawberry jam over some blackberries and strawberries we collected from the backyard.

Glazed carrots from the white/orange/purple carrots from the garden. Mushroom and onion sauce to eat over potatoes or green beans or with corn. The refrigerator is full if anyone is hungry. Help yourself.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Andy, I think that recipe of Steve's is a real keeper, and I also have plans to do it soon. Yumm...

I'm doing a standing roast chicken in the oven, and the sides are mushroom gravy noodles from last night's pork chop dinner, along with SC's glorified salads.
Never again will I roast another whole chicken on her back.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
Master Chef

I had leftover Egg Foo Young. Was going to make it night before last, but didn't get around to it until yesterday afternoon. The leftovers warmed up nicely. Love this stuff!

*file photo - too hungry to take a new pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	egg foo young.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	32030  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Too tired to make something original today, so I made orange chicken from Lidl. Added Sriracha and sugar snap peas and served it over basmati rice. Click image for larger version

Name:	1026182043.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	32031
Old 10-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Sunny and warm today... dark and pleasant tonight. So, I fired up the gasser, and grilled a half-pound Nolan Ryan prime burger (on sale at Kroger) seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Served it on an "everything bagel," with two slices of white American cheese, sliced onions, sliced dill pickles. Spicy dill on the side. No green salad. No dessert.

CD
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BBurger10-18.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	32040  
Old 10-26-2018, 11:13 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Honestly, if you have not tried a bagel burger, you need to, especially if you like a really juicy burger... but don't like having the bun turn to wet mush in your hands.

A toasted bagel can stand up to the juiciest burger, and the wettest veggies, and taste great! It soaks everything up, and remains intact, so you don't have scraps of "stuff" all over your plate... face... lap.

CD
Old 10-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
Head Chef

Must be on a "melt" kick..

Dreary day so, made tuna melts on toasted ciabatta rolls and cream of celery soup..

Brownies for dessert..

Ross
Old 10-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Must be on a "melt" kick..

Dreary day so, made tuna melts on toasted ciabatta rolls and cream of celery soup..

Brownies for dessert..

Ross
From scratch, or from a box. I don't make desserts, so I live vicariously through yours.

CD

Tags
dinner